Georgenotfound x Reader [Comfort]

"Please?" You begged your friend for what seemed like the hundredth time.

"(Y/N), I said no. I don't want to." George gave you a stern look, clearly disinterested. You pouted and mumbled another please, he reacted by shaking his head and ignoring you.

"Just this once? I swear I won't ask again, please Georgie?"

He looked back at you as you stared at him with puppy eyes before he gave a sigh of defeat, he couldn't resist when you looked at him like that, especially when you called him by that name. "Fine, but we're never doing it again."

Your face lit up and you squealed with glee. "Yay! Thank you," You hugged George closely before running to the kitchen to gather some snacks. You and your friend had planned a movie night and it was your turn to pick the first film. The only rule set for this night was by your friend George, who insisted that horror films be banned, you intended to follow this rule until you realised the reason he had banned them was because he was terrified of them.

The plan was to watch a horror film and then when George was inevitably scared, you would comfort him. A completely flawless plan. You'd had a crush on your best friend for a while and thought that this would be a good opportunity to get closer to him.

You returned to the living-room with popcorn and marshmallows, placing them on the table in front of you. George was absent from the room so you grabbed the remote and began to search for a film. Hmm, this one looks interesting you thought. The title read Dead Silence, you clicked okay and then paused the film to wait for George.

"Boo!" You didn't have to wait for long because he suddenly grabbed your shoulders harshly. Despite the childish move made by your friend it still scared you, and you jumped.

"George! Don't scare me like that..." You pouted, feigning distress.

"You're the one that wanted to watch a horror film, you brought this on yourself." He laughed as you playfully punched him on the shoulder. You both sat down on the sofa and covered yourselves with blankets.

"Ready?" You looked at George and he nodded. You pressed play on the remote and the film started.

The film started off pretty slowly and the two of you patiently waited for the scares to start coming. You kept stealing glances at George to see if he looked scared yet but he remained stoic for the beginning of the film. As the pace of the film began to pick up, you felt your heart rate increasing as your body started shaking.

The synopsis never mentioned anything about dolls.

Nowhere in the plan had you considered the possibility of you yourself getting scared, you hadn't planned for this. The thud of the soundtrack kept manipulating your heart at an uncomfortable rate, you could feel it in your chest and you did not like it one bit, you were mortified about what was happening on screen. You glanced at George and noticed that he was also scared, he didn't seem nearly as frightened as you were though.

You looked back at the television and swallowed, you had tears in your eyes. You didn't want to watch this anymore but you felt you had made such a fuss that you didn't have the option to back out.

The scene continued for another minute or two before the television paused. "Are you okay?" George asked, eyes full of concern.

"I-I'm fine." You could't bring yourself to look at him because you knew that your face said it all.

George sighed and you heard him stand up. You didn't know what he was doing until the light turned on. He sat back down on the sofa, this time right next to you, he saw the tears in your eyes and immediately enveloped you in a hug. You hugged him back.

"It's just a film, it's okay." He whispered as he stroked your hair. You both stayed like that for a while, unmoving.

Once you'd calmed down you pulled away fro the hug and wiped away what remained of your tears. "S-sorry, I guess that was kind of stupid." You half-hardheartedly laughed at your overreaction to the film. "How come you weren't scared?" George had told you plenty of times himself that he was afraid of horror films because he scared too easily and you were beginning to question whether that was a lie.

"Oh believe me, I was! I was scared throughout the entire thing, I guess I just don't show it as much unless it's a jump scare." He paused, "Why did you want to watch this film so badly anyway? You should've told me you were scared sooner and we could've turned it off."

You bit your lip, not particularly wanting to tell him your "plan" but deciding there was no other way out of it. "I wanted to scare you..." You mumbled, "Wait, that sounds bad. I meant it like, I wanted to be able to comfort you afterwards." George seemed visibly confused and you looked away from him for a moment to recompose yourself before turning to face him again with your tear-stained cheeks. "I-I like you George. I have for a while now and I guess I wanted to use it as an excuse to get closer to you... not that the plan worked anyway." You muttered the last part barely audibly.

George looked... surprised to say the least, he wasn't expecting a confession, nevertheless after a scene like this. He pondered for a moment, unsure of what to say. And then, he laughed. You weren't scared at his reaction because you knew him, he wouldn't laugh at someone as helpless as yourself in a situation like this without meaning, it still confused you though. "It may not have gone exactly to plan but it worked out it the end. The situation was just reversed."

He looked like he was having a hard time keeping his laughter in at the thought of your plan going so badly that you scared yourself. "I like you too, you dummy. Now can we watch something else? I really don't want to know how this film ends." You nod with a huge smile on your face before scooching closer to George and cuddling with him as he changed the film. He kissed you on the top of your head and then played with your hair until you fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~

[1,094 Words]