Two

"Agent Romanoff," the smirk was clear in Tony's voice as he brushed past Natasha on his way to the coffee machine. She held back her sigh of disgust at his sleazy actions and handed him the coffee she had made him. "Oh, thanks," he said. He sounded shocked.

Natasha gave a smirk of her own. She liked catching him by surprise. Last night, she had shown a surprisingly good skill at chess and had beaten him. Then they had both slept. He had set up a single bed in the corridor outside of his bedroom, as she had requested, but he also showed her to her own room. It had a double bed, plenty of storage and an en suite bathroom. However the bathroom only included a jacuzzi and she refused to step foot in it, knowing what had probably happened in there at least once. That meant she had to use the main bathroom down the hall. Tony had tried to open the door on twice whilst she was showering but she had yelled Russian curses at him until he hastily apologised and backed off.

The night had been quiet at first. She had heard Tony clicking away on his phone so had assumed he was having trouble getting to sleep. She was reading a Russian mystery novel. She would never admit to having trouble sleeping to Tony but she was tempted, several times, to go in and tell him.

She had just been drifting off to sleep when he screamed. Natasha had raced into his room, holding her gun, but the billionaire was rolling around, getting tangled in covers, alone. Nightmares. Natasha was no stranger to them; they wracked her dreams every time she slept. She had untangled him and stroked his forehead until he had gone back to sleep. It wasn't comforting him, she told herself, she wasn't going soft.

It was maintaining the mental stability and emotional state of her assignment.

Now, she met his eyes. He was looking curiously at her, a small frown on his face. "Please can you pass me the sugar?" He asked. She complied and tried not to flinch as their hands touched.

She knew, by the seriousness on his face, that he knew about last night. What she did to get him back to sleep. It was embarrassing. Truly embarrassing. "What are you doing today?" Natasha said. She cleared her throat as something blocked it.

Tony smiled, his eyes filling with warmth and Natasha couldn't help smiling back. It was contagious. Tony looked at her. "Have you ever been go-kart racing?"