Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Embraced

Magda's sudden disappearance became the talk of the town. It's been three days since she went missing but her name didn't leave the conversation. No one among us tested positive and that obviously means the woman managed to escape before she even gets caught – Magda and her alleged boyfriend, Ariz.

Nakahinga ako nang maluwag dahil hindi ako nabuko, malamang na gawa ito ng purselas na suot ni Hyacinth at medyo matagal na rin nung nagsilang ako. Gano'n pa man ay hindi ko maiwasang mag-alala para kay Magda. I've heard that they were kicked out of Hezueras Clan. They are labeled as insurgent now.

"How about this one?" Lady Christy asked as she turned around to show me that sparkling purple dress.

I nodded, hiding my boredom. Kalahating oras na rin siguro siyang namimiia ng isusuot. It's not like she's going to a party or what. Mamimili lang siya ng isusuot para sa araw na 'to. Just a freaking ordinary day to hover around. 'Yon lang naman ang trabaho niya.

I remember how she hastened in the kitchen just to drag me with her. Wala namang nagawa si Lady Lena kung hindi ang payagan ito. Pabor din naman ako dahil wala namang masyadong ginagawa sa kusina.

"You look gorgeous in everything, Lady Christy." Which is true. Lahat yata ng kulay ay bagay sa kanya.

"Thanks but I think I like the scarlet one better," she said after asking for my opinion. "May nagustuhan ka ba sa mga damit ko? You can have one. Whatever you like."

"No. I'm good."

She undressed quickly and wore the scarlet one. Iyon ang una niyang sinukat, doon din naman pala siya babagsak. Is this how rich women act like? I mean... I am a woman but I don't think I will invest that much time just by picking a dress.

"What's with the fancy dress?" I couldn't help but to ask.

She groaned and that tells something else. "To annoy my evil step mom. You know? Madali siyang mainggit ngayon dahil pangit na siya kaya mas lalo ko siyang iinggitin." She laughed like a devil with a vile plan.

"Kahit naman wala ang peklat sa pisngi niya ay mas lamang ka..."

Tumawa si Lady Christy bago humarap sa akin. "Right. She has no match to me." Bumuntonghininga siya bago nagpatuloy. "But, have you seen Queen B of Taurus Clan?"

Umiling ako. "I'm not sure..."

"The Black Lady?" tanong pa niya.

Napaisip ako sandali. Biglang sumagi sa isipan ko ang babaeng 'yon. "You mean... that woman? One of the leaders?"

Kung tama ang hinala ko, ang tinutukoy ni Lady Christy ay ang babaeng humingi ng wine sa akin nung unang beses akong nagsilbi sa mga pinuno. She has long black hair, paired with black lipstick and even her makeup was dark. That speaks a lot about her being the Black Lady.

"She's the Queen B of Taurus Clan also known as The Black Lady..." Lumapit sa mga pabango si Lady Christy at nagwisik sa kamay. "Taurus Clan is the only clan which members are all women. Men are not allowed to get in their territory or else say goodbye to your balls."

Bumilog ang mga labi ko. That's I think one of the most interesting things I've heard about a clan. Isang pangkat na puro babae lang? That's awesome! That triggered my curiosity.

"They are like a hive. Attacking one of them means attacking the entire hive. It's kind of terrifying knowing... they are like men dressed like women. Don't underestimate them."

"Yeah... fascinating. How come they agreed to join the force?"

"Nah uh." Lady Christy wagged her head to turn down my question. "They are just here to supply foods and blood. Nagkaroon ng kakulangan sa pagkain at dugo ang clan natin kaya humingi sila ng tulong sa Taurus Clan. They agreed and in exchange, Nightfalls will provide them more lands to plant seeds."