7. Being in her T.A.N.T.R.U.M

Start from the beginning

As she did this, a smile came on my face but right now there was another tension. What had happened to her?
Who was there in the car?

                          ****
It had been a week after that incident. Next day, she was as normal as ever. Driving me to the college and back and me sitting at the back. Everything back to usual. Though she didn't want to talk about that day... In fact she didn't want to talk at all. She just hmmed or huhed in response to everything.

Today was Sunday, so we had gone to the old age home. People there are used to me now and they even like me. Everybody asked about what had happened to Sanyukta. Now how do I tell them that even I don't have an answer to this.

We had just exited from the gate of the old age home with Sanyukta leading me and I, following her and blabbering something about Parth. As I was looking at my shoes while walking, I don't even know why, I couldn't see that Sanyukta had abruptly stopped in her tracks and I, like an idiot, bumped into her.

"Sorry, did you get hurt?" I apologized looking at her but she seemed as if she didn't hear a word. She was looking, actually glaring at something or someone. I followed her line of vision and saw a familiar Mercedes.

Is it the same Mercedes by any chance? Ahh no, that's not possible. I mean what are the odds of it being the same Mercedes?! It happens once in a million cases.

Well, this was the one in a million cases today because it was the same Mercedes.

A middle aged man got off it in a military uniform and stood near his car as if waiting for someone. He hadn't seen her.
Is it Sanyukta he is looking for? But why?
I looked at Sanyukta in apprehension, hoping that she will say or do something, but it was as if she was in a trance, hypnotized with everything. She just kept looking at that man with what it seemed as anger and hatred in her eyes, though her face remained stoic.

After a while, she cleared her throat,"Randhir, bring Phantom to the back exit. I will be waiting there for you."

Of course, it wasn't the appropriate time to ask any questions, so I just took the keys from her hands and she hastily turned back to go to the back exit.

"Sanyukta, wait!" The old man called her and she sweared. It must be something really serious because she never swears.

She tried to ignore his calls and hastened her steps but that old guy catched up with her very easily and held her hand stopping her in her tracks.

She closed her eyes for a moment and then sharply turned towards him, taking her hand out of his grip.

What the hell is going on? Should I help her? But she is capable of beating that guy by herself then why isn't she doing anything?

"I was waiting for you Sanyukta. You haven't been receiving my calls from such a long time and now you are ignoring me." That is when his eyes fell on me.

"Who is he?" He asked her looking at me up and down and I suddenly felt intimidated.

"My friend, Randhir." She answered folding her arms and looking at her directly.

Everything about this man looked intimidating, his army uniform, the scar on his forehead, the way he talked. Every. Damn. Thing.

I think I should give them their space.

"I will get your bike." I said, but none of them paid any attention to me as there was a staring match going on between them. I scrammed off as fast as I can, but made sure that I could keep a look out for her. Don't want any of them to get hurt, do we?