CHAPTER FIVE - 𝑹𝑬𝑫 𝑺𝑻𝑹𝑰𝑵𝑮 𝑶𝑭 𝑭𝑨𝑻𝑬 𝑰𝑺 𝑷𝑶𝑷𝑼𝑳𝑨𝑹 𝑨𝑴𝑶𝑵𝑮 𝑲𝑰𝑫𝑺

THE CHIEF OF SHINSENGUMI sat in front of the television, reporter Ketsuno Ana's 'Virgos will die today' ringing in his mind as he chuckled nervously, turning the television off. "What ridiculous assumption, right, Sougo?" He turn to see a red cloth in front of him.

"Here, I wore this loincloth when I was a kid. Don't worry, I washed it." Sougo place it on his chief's hand before walking away. Kondo stare at it for a while before laughing in disbelief. "What does he mean 'don't worry'? There's nothing to worry about. Hey, Toshi-"

Another red cloth in front of him as Hijikata place it on his shoulder. "I used this scarf a long time ago, you can have it." The man walked away, too.

"H-Hey...what happened? More like, what's going to happen?" Just when Kondo thought this was all over, a thin red string was showed to him as Y/N stood in front of the man. "I made this lucky bracelet just for you, wear it, Kondo-san." She expressed concern.

"What do you mean you made it just for me?! This just looks like a red thread tied up at the end! Wait, it is!" He shouted at the girl who walked off, too. Leaving him to his own thoughts. "Nope, nope, not happening, there's no way I'm gonna die today. That's just some stupid horoscope thing..." A loud crash startled him as a strong force pushed him to the other side of the room.

"M-Matsudaira?!"

¤

Y/N lay comfortably beside the sitting Hijikata, his chin on his palm as he stare into air, not knowing what to do as it is an unwritten rule that he is forbidden to smoke near her. With one leg kicked up and resting on another, Y/N's lips formed into a bored pout. Sougo must've gone out to do something sadistic again.

Her hand reach for the red roll of thread beside her. "Hey, Shiro, you ever heard of this 'red string of fate' thing?"

"Huh? Isn't that something the kids nowadays talk about? Tch...talking about something so stupid. They should talk about how good mayonnaise is instead." Hijikata muttered the last sentence to himself.

Y/N's eyes widened as she gasped, a hand covering her mouth. "Oh...oh my, Hijikata, look! The string...!" She said dramatically.

"What- Oi! This is just the thread you were playing with earlier! When did you tie it to our fingers anyway?!" Hijikata scolded, moving to take the thread off. "And isn't it supposed to be on our pinkies? You tied it to our ring finger for what?!" He grumbled.

"Oh, really? Man...guess I'm outdated. You sure know about this a lot, Shiro!" She grinned. Another dramatic gasp were heard as they turn their heads to the door, seeing their sadistic member there.

"That...that's the red string of fate! Hijikata-san, Y/N-san...I never knew..." He place a hand on his chest.

"Stop it with your stupid acts! Also, this 'red string of fate' is only visible to the two who are connected! How can you see it, huh, Sougo?!" Hijikata retort, finally succeeding in pulling the string off. "Aw..." Y/N slumped her shoulders in disappointment.

"If you're not going to play with me then I'm finding others..." Y/N muttered, eyes squinting at Hijikata. "Go ahead, do whatever you want." Hijikata laid with his hands beneath his head, letting out a comfortable sigh. "Tch." Y/N clicked her tongue as her face distorted in annoyance.