part 2 to that teacher thing

julie_papillon wanted a part 2 and I'm bored so.... here you are :>

I had gathered my things up and locked the classroom door behind me, preparing to leave school for the day. Out of my peripheral vision, I saw a bunch of black clothes shuffling towards me. Looking up, I saw Shouta with a book bag over his shoulder.

"Ready for that coffee?" I asked as I swung my bag over my head, putting it on.

"Yeah. Uh, you didn't happen to drive here, did you?" He asked me, a small smirk visible on his tired features.

"Well, actually, I live rather close-by, so I walk here-"

"Good. I don't drive, so I take the bus."

"How is this relevant to coffee...?"

Were we gonna take a bus to a café or something in town?

Silence. Nothing. Either he ignored me or didn't hear me.

So for the next fifteen to twenty minutes, we walked to the bus station and waited for a bit before getting on the bus. The ride to our destination was pretty short, and once we got off, it was just outside some apartment complex.

"This isn't a café...?" I mumbled, clutching onto my bag a little tighter. I could feel my anxiety shoot up through the roof.

"You're right. It isn't a café. It's where I live. Well... kinda. You know... where the apartment I live in is." said Shouta as he walked towards the entrance of the building.

Walking up the stairs, we were now on the second floor.

As the other teacher fumbled around with his keys, trying to find the right one most likely, I looked around the hallway we were standing in. The walls were painted with muted colors and every so often, a small picture of some scenery or animals would be hung. The animal ones reminded me of that of a retirement home for sure.

"Alright, this is it. My humble abode... or whatever. Oh, I hope you aren't allergic to cats or anything, cause I have one." said Shouta as he scratched his neck.

"Oh, (don't worry, I'm not allergic/I am, but I can manage). Where's the little feline?" I asked, setting my bag down by the door.

"Hey, Asshole! Where are you?"

"You named your cat 'Asshole'?"

"... I thought it was funny at the time... Shut up." mumbled Shouta as he shook Asshole's bowl.

Soon after he shook the bowl, a Russian Blue cat came crawling out a room.

"Meow~" He purred, stretching out his muscles before prancing over to his food bowl.

"He's pretty sweet, he just has to warm up to you..." said Shouta as he slid his hand over Asshole's head to his tail.

"Pretty ironic if his name is 'Asshole', huh?" I giggled, standing beside the teacher.

"Well, not entirely. When I first rescued him, he didn't really trust humans so it took some time before he warmed up to me. That's why I gave him the name 'Asshole'... It was mostly as a joke, but now it just sticks." explained Shouta as he got up from his crouched position. "Now, would you like some coffee?"

I nodded. He then walked over to the kitchen.

"You can sit down and make yourself at home. This will take a bit." said Shouta from across the room.

"Thank you..." I said as I sat down on the end of the couch.

Looking around the place, nothing except a clock and a calendar was hung up on the walls. In the living room, a small TV, the couch I was sitting on, a small coffee table, and rug was present. Outside on the balcony, there was a chair and small table, along with a houseplant or two. Either he was a huge minimalist or just too lazy to do any interior designing. Needless to say, it did look cozy to an extent.