Chapter ⑨

3k views... y'all are really awesome. Hope you're all doing well. Anyway, you're here for the story and I shall give the people what they want. Enjoy! :)

✰ ✰ ✰ ✰ ✰

𝓔𝓵𝓲𝓳𝓪𝓱'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

One in the afternoon. We let our sorellina sleep a bit because she's a teenager, but this is a bit much.

I'm walking to her room, to make sure she is alright. She's probably already awake and waiting to get out.

When I get to her room, I see that the door is opened. We locked it.

I go into her room. No sign of her. The windows are not broken, no sign of a kidnapping. Maybe she got lost?

I decide to text Stephan and Leonardo.

E: Anyone seen Avery? She's not in her room

L: She's missing?! Are you sure she's not sleeping?

S: I'll check the video footage. You guys should look in the hallways

E: Put the house on lockdown

I walk around, trying to find Avery. She couldn't have escaped, right? We're the Italian mafia. How could a sixteen year old trick us?

I was about to turn a corner leading to the East wing when I saw a beat up guard on the ground.

There was an intruder in the house. The intruder probably took Avery. I can't believe it.

Judging by the wounds on Jimmy, the guard, it was an heavily trained agent. His badge is missing. He was smart, he took it to pass the door. But how did he pass the gate?

I was brought out of my thoughts by my phone ringing.

"What?" I rudely answered, without even checking the caller i.d.

"Elijah, near the east wing is a beat up guard. Go to him." I recognized the voice as Stephan's.

"I'm already there. An intruder beat him up. Do you have his identity?" I asked.

"Yes. But it's not an intruder"

"What?! One of our mans kidnapped Avery? Who? He's dead" I yelled through the phone.

"It's not a he. It's a she. And it was Avery who beat up that guard. She stole his card and climbed the gate without any help."

Is he fucking kidding? Avery is just a 16 year old teenager. She can't do that.

"If its a fucking joke it's not funny"

"It's not a joke, I promise. She was born for this life. I'll send you the videos and you meet Leonardo and I in dad's study."

Guess she's not so helpless after all.

𝓐𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂'𝓼 𝓹𝓸𝓿

They all approved me and treated me like they knew me for a while, even if they still made jokes about Angelo and I.

I learned that Audenzia is actually Angelo's twin sister. They did look similar but I didn't wanted to say something weird in case they dated or something.