The Trials Series: Ruby and Oscar (No spoilers, Slight Osby)

Start from the beginning

"I bleed gemstones," She said, taking a gemstone from her ever-bleeding wound.

She showed them her favorite weapon, her grappling hook, and made a point to swing from some beams with it.

The audience was quiet as they watched Ruby.

She made daggers and threw them at dummies.

She saw several people looking at her with interest.Genissa frowned and rejected her, and so did some other teams, but two teams pressed accept.

Scorpion was one of teams who accepted!

But then.... But then Adrian did, too.

Ruby had to choose between her idol and a new friend.

"Looks like you have a choice to make," The voice said. The crowd cheered.

Some people chanted "Scorpion!" While others chanted "Sketch!".

Scorpion looked like a god, with his blond hair and green eyes. His kind smile and a smolder that obliterated her heart. It was like his tail struck her right in the heart, and he just took it.

Then she looked at Oscar. The guy who despite his cane, tried out and was accepted onto a respected team. The guy with a kind smile. The guy who asked her whose team she wanted to join. He was smiling at her and could tell that even though they just met, he was proud of her.

Ruby realized that the only team she wanted to be part of was his.

"I pick..." She started.

She second-guessed herself. "Sco.... Sketch's team!" She exclaimed. She was so close to picking Scorpion, but she idolized the man, and it's like they say... Never meet your heroes.

Scorpion smiled at her despite her rejection and she instantly felt better. At least he wasn't mad at her.

She joined Danna, Adrian, Oscar, and Oliver.

"Oliver might be leaving us soon for his friend, Jesse, but he still has a few months until Jesse is old enough to try out for team leader. This is Danna, her power..."

"She can turn into a swarm of butterflies," Ruby said. "I know. I did my research."

"I like her," Danna said, putting an arm around the newcomer. "She's badass."

"I'm glad you chose our team," Oscar said.

"Over Scorpion? I was shocked," Adrian said with a small laugh.

"Oscar and I became friends. He was right in front of me in line."

"I'm glad I made such a lasting impression," Oscar commented.

"Welcome to the team," Oliver said.

"I will do my best to make you proud." Ruby said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

*That was short, so I'm combining Oscar's*

Oscar's Trials

Oscar was nervous.

His mom drove him to the trials, and he almost ran off. He knew his mom was in the stands. He knew that everybody was watching... He was the kid with the cane! Why did he ever think this was a good idea?

But then, they put him in line. There was a girl behind him, with black hair on one side and white on the other.

Maybe he could talk to her. To distract him.