18

Letters Written Back and Forth Between Scorpius and Albus Over the Course of the Month Scorpius is Away:

Scorp,
I know you said that you'd owl me, but you haven't yet, so I'm writing one to you? Huh, I guess I'm still awkward at writing letters, sorry. I miss you. Rose is clearly lost without you too, but I bet you've been writing loads of letters to her. Since there was no competition for best NEWT score after you left, she's become bored of being at top. Plus she's shaking her raised hand less enthusiastically. Anyways, hope you start to feel better!
Albus

Dear Albus,
I miss you too. Rose hasn't written to me actually... could you remind her to send letters?  She left me on "sent."
Sincerely,
Scorpius

Scorpius,
I reminded my cousin. If you must know she laughed and told me something about a Quaffle-shaped head. She says she'll write though, don't worry. I guess she's who you'll want to write letters to...
Albus

Albus,
Don't be like that, Al. You know I want to talk to you and you promised to stay in touch. If you stop sending me notes, I swear I'll hex you. You've been warned.

Also, I'm sorry for not owling sooner, but all this family bonding time's left me a bit drained. Plus I keep getting lost in various places around the manor. How stupid is that? I lived my whole child-hood shut up in these walls and now I can't find the bloody kitchen!
Sincerely,
Scorpious

Scorp,
Family bonding time? With Mr. Malfoy?? I think that we should prepare for a third wizard war. Besides your grandmother intimidates me. Wait can she read this? *scratched out line* Never mind then.

Don't worry, not much has happened at Hogwarts. Professor Trelawney is telling everyone that I will either take on great responsibility or become a nargle. Are the nightmares returning?
Al

Albus,
He isn't reading this, don't worry. But he IS wondering why I'm laughing so hard at the piece of paper in my hand. You better not become a nargle, Albus Severus Potter!!! Then who'll I be friends with?

The nightmares are less frequent but when I have them it takes a lot more to wake up. Last night Father had to curse me with the tickling charm. Though, the. Again, I can't say he didn't enjoy that a little bit. This may sound stupid, but uh, I think you helped with them. If possible. Dunno. Before I forget, how are you doing in your classes?
-Scor

Scorp,
Good news, I don't even know what a Nargle is. Wait... HOW WILL I KNLW IF I BECOME ONE??? Guess you'll have to tell me. Scorp, if you're unwell maybe you should check into Saint Mungos?

My classes... are fine. I didn't get a Troll on the transfiguration final! I got an 'A!' Acceptable! Or totally an 'O' if it is Mr. Malfoy reading this.
Sincerely,
Al

Al,
You don't go to Saint Mungo's for NIGHTMARES. *scratched out lines* I'm so proud of you!!!! I won't mention my grade. But I will say nargles aren't real... they are only reported in the Quibbler after all.
Scorp

Scorpius,
Oh... well I am turning into a nargle anyways because then I can leave school. Maybe you should owl a doctor at least? Not much has changed since your last letter. The bloody baron is being creepy as usual, talking even more so in not-so-thinly veiled threats.

I am doing well... don't worry my hair hasn't suddenly gotten neat and I haven't started studying though suddenly I have Rose AND Rowle trying in vain to change that.
Albus
p.s. I know you got an O, you idiot.

Albus,
Yes, I got an O. I'm glad you're fine. You deserve to be.
Scorpius Malfoy

Scor,
I'm not "fine" exactly, but thanks.
Al

Dear Albus,
Don't you have Rowle to talk to? You're wasting time owling me.
Sincerely,
Scorpius Malfoy

Scorpius,
What are you talking about? You're my best friend... of course I will owl you so stop protesting. Hypocrite. I'll get Rose to hex you if you dare to not white back!

Your nightmares aren't going away... I can't stop thinking about y- them.
Al

Albus,
I'm sorry for not sending a letter sooner, something came up. They're fading. Kinda. Don't worry about it.

Also I- about what- do we need to talk about what happened RIGHT before I left?
Scor

Scorp,
I'm glad your nightmares are fading. Does that mean that you'll come back to school after Christmas?! Slytherin will get second place in the house cup again... since McGonagall is so biased to those Gryffindors....

I don't know what you're talking about... what happened before you left I mean. But if there was something, we can get back to all of it when you're back at school.
Love,
Al