Chapter 12: New Friends

Tasha's POV

Here I am, sitted round a table with the Greek god which I finally learned his name is Shawn. After my very moody morning with my nightmare causing a toil on me, my day had been dull. I thought Shawn was not going to drop by today not knowing that fate had more better things in store for me.

Few minutes ago, when he walked in with his sister jealousy began eating me up, I thought he had brought his girlfriend for dinner. Just so you know the feeling was awful.

I give it to his sister, she looks very pretty with her simple outfit, maybe cuteness runs in their gene.

The air is thick with awkwardness and the silence is deafening. Chloe wipes the coners of her mouth with the napkin and relax into the chair.

"So Tasha, how long have you been working here?" Chloe asked.

"Uhm, a bit over a year ago. Actually I'm a chef here I'm just filling in for a colleauge who is on leave and resuming tomorrow." I explain.

"Oh, so you cook?" she ask again.

"Yes, I do." I replied simply.

"Great because I'd love to taste your dishes." she tells me.

"That will be a pleasure"

"I do cook too..." Shawn snorts at that and she chuckles that makes me smile "okay I'm not that good tho, but tonight is special, my brother here, brought me here tonight for a treat for being back home after a while. isn't he so sweet?" she ask, more to annoy Shawn who is giving her a hard glare. Chloe ignores him and keeps a sweet smile plastered on her face.

I decide to play along so I said "Yeah he is so sweet." I say with a smile avoiding his gaze. "So you just return, from where?" I asked curiously.

"Oh, I've been in England for a two years fashion designing training course, so I'm back to fully pursue my dreams." she explains briefly.

"My younger sister would love to meet you, she has a thing for fashion and modelling."

"Well, I'd love to meet her too, I love people who share my dreams, they inspire me." she tells me and it lifts my mode to know that she is interested in people like Megan. Now she has shot at her dreams.

Conversation falls into place and the awkwardness is gone, apart from the fact that Shawn has been eerily quiet throughout the time.

She tells more about her experience in England including some embarrassing moment which cause Shawn and I to laugh. She also throws some questions my way to know more about me which I answer simply.

I can say I haven't felt this free for a while now, free from worry and stress. I just concluded that Chloe is my new friend.

we were done with dinner and I stood up to clear the table, I mean, of course I was still at work. Before I did that, Chloe spoke up,

"Tash, since your colleague is resuming tomorrow, I wanted to ask if you could join my brother and I tomorrow, we gonna be hanging out together. He obviously he needs a break from working his ass off and you sure do need one too." her rambling came to a stop, before I reply Shawn beat me to it.

"What! are you kidding me? I have work to be at work tomorrow." Shawn protest.

"Come on brother, I think you should know better than arguing with me by now."

"Chloe..."

"Yes brother," she cuts him off with a tone that says thats final and Shawn sighs in defeat.

"So Tash, what do you say?" having witness this banter, i don't think i can win mine but just give a go.

"Uhm, I dont know if my manager would give me a day off with such a short notice" I explain.

"He will, let me speak with him. Show me to his office." woah! so serious, I point towards the direction where the office is located and she stood up and left.

I turn to meet shawn staring at his sisters retreating figure. hus gaze shifts to me and i suddly become self conscious. He gives me a smile that I mirror.

"She gives you a hard time, right?" I asked sympathetically

"You have no idea, she is a pain everywhere." I chuckle slightly

"What can I say," I shrugged "I better clean this off." I said

"Thanks for joining for us, I appreciate." Shawn spoke up

"I appreciate you guys inviting me too, thank you." I say and he nods with a smile. With that I packed the plates and turn towards the kitchen.

"Dinner with the Greek god, huh?" I jump placing a hand on my chest i turn around to face Diamond

"Jeez! Diam you are creepy!" I said "well, his sister invited me and I think im gonna be off for tomorrow." she moved forward and pulls me into an embrace which I return.

"I'm happy for you Tash." she says after disengaging the hug.

"Thanks Diam, you're the best." I replied. Diamond have always been there for me and I'm always greatful to her.

After dropping the plates, I walked out to meet chloe already sitted and having a conversation with Shawn. She makes eye contact with me and signals for me to come over. I walk towards them and take my previous seat.

"And everything is done, you have a two days break." she said excitedly.

"wow, how did you do that?" I asked baffled.

"Lets just say, being a lady has its own advantage." she says with a smirk, winking at me.

"Chloe!" Shawn calls her

"Oh brother please, I didn't do anything devious." she turns to me "okay now can I have your phone?"

I retrieved my phone from my back pocket and hand it to her. she keyed in her contact and dialled it with my phone so she had my contact. She saved her number to my contact as Best girl.

"Best girl huh?" I asked slightly amused.

"Yeah that me." she answers proudly.

"We will be taking our leave now, I'll text you, so see you tomorrow yeah?" Chloe ask.

"Yeah," I assure her "thanks again."

"See you tomorrow Tasha." Shawn's deep voice says

"See you too Shawn." I replied with a smile as we all stood up. Chloe pulls me in a hug that I reciprocate.

"Now anticipate tomorrow, its going to be the best you I've had in a while now." she says proudly

"Being proud, are we?" I say and we all laugh

"Goodnight Tash, happy to get to know you today." Chloe says

"Goodnight, I'm glad as well." I smile

"Bye gorgeous." Shawn says and I blush he called me gorgeous I squeal internally

"Bye" I say in a whisper and they both left the restaurant and I let out a deep breath. I turn around to go get my things and go home its been a long evening.