Chapter 05: Ditto Day

Tasha's POV

The night went to a stop and I was ready to go after cleaning the restaurant. I turned over the closed sign and walked out. The cold evening breeze hitting my face and part of my bare arms causing goosebumps to rise on my skin.

Exhaustion from the entire day's work weighs on me as I walk rather slowly to deposit the trashbag into the trash can. I started slowly towards the bus stop. I couldnt quicken my pace because I was too tired, I just hope I would make it to the bus stop on time to catch the bus.

This part of the road Isn't always so busy once it was this late in the night, it wasnt also creepy. Just a few cars drove by every one in a while and the streets lights was positioned scantily to provide faint lighting in some places.

walk in silence the only sound that could be heard is that of my footsteps. The continuous rhythm caused my mind to wander into thoughts of a particular face that had been on my mind since morning.

I was now wondering was that his first time coming to the resturant or was he a regular costumer, I wouldnt notice since I don't normaly wait tables. would I see him again?. I better do. I found myself wishing he would come back again tomorrow. arrhh get a grip Tasha.

Just on cue, a car drove near and I turned around to see it, it headlight is very bright that I head to squint my eyes to adjust to the bright light.

The car slowed down almost to a stop and drove by, speeding up into the darkness. I ponder on why the matte black car looked very familiar and why the driver wanted to stop but I shook the thought away and picked up my pace.

I made it home safely. I walked towards the house and pushed the door open. A very appetizing aroma fills our small sitting room and I can make out the cluttering sound coming from the kitchen so that was my clue that Megan was in the kitchen making dinner, isn't she a darling.

"I'm home" I announced taking off my shoes and placing them on the shoe rack just behind the door and hanging my bag on the holder above the shoe rack.

I make my way toward the kitchen door that was connected to sitting room. our apartment was a small one with no dining room and no hallway.

The kitchen door is connected to the side of the sitting room and bedroom door is connected straight into the sitting room while our bathroom was attached the bedroom.

It was a small cozy place Megan and I now called home since we lost our first home.

"Welcome!" she chirped, loking at me over a shoulder with a smile while she still worked with her hands. I returned the smile while taking a seat at the breakfast bar stool. Yup the breakfast bar is where we have our meals in the absence of a dinning room.

"Dinner in two minutes," she said not looking at me

"So what's up for dinner, the aroma is making me drool already," I asked

"We gonna be having macaroni and cheese, my treat." she turn around and winked at me with a goofy grin before getting plates to dish our dinner.

Two minutes later we had a plate of delicious looking dish in front of us both. I immediately dig into the meal and it tasted heavenly. I had to give it to my sister she was as good as me.

"Hmm!" I couldn't resist the urge moan out "this tastes delicious!"

She pulled her smug face with a smirk plastered on it. It kinda funny so I just let out a chuckle. I just boosted someone's ego.

"Wipe that smirk off your face kiddo, you learn from the best so I don't expect anything less." I boast.

"Getting proud, are we?" she says with a laugh and I join in.

"So tell me, how was school today?" I asked after we had recover from our laughing fit.

I noticed her smile disappear slowly. Panic started growing inside me thinking she had a bad day. Not meeting my eyes she finally spoke up,

"It was okay" she raises her face in I see concern written all over her face

"Is everything okay" I said trying very hard to stay calm

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine its just this guy from school..." she trails off looking up in a concerned way. I remained silent urging her to continue with a nod.

"He is new, I ran into him in the morning, he was... well he wasn't mean but he didn't apologize either" she says with a shrug "but later in the day I realize he happens to be sharing English class with me. Sometimes I would just feel his stare I dont think its my imagination. I was just wondering why someone would change school in the second term in final year, he wouldn't talk to anyone he had his earphones on when there wasn't any class but you know whats interesting?" she ask with a grin

"What?" I ask back in no mood for guesses

"He is damn hot, its like came out of a magazine cover for models and he drives a Mercedes G-Wagon meaning he is loaded too, you had to see how girls were fan girling over him too bad I couldn't even get to talk to him at least know his name." she finishes with a chuckle.

Hmm sounds like we had the same day my mind wander to the guy at the resturant earlier. I find myself strongly wishing he would return tomorrow.

We both finished our dinner over chit-chats and headed to bed.