Chapter 13: coco pops make every morning better

Começar do início

Of course, when it started to turn pink and the slight tingle of pain, hit me I was wide awake … well almost. I hurried and got dressed, making sure to actually take the time to put on some makeup this once.

You know, so I didn’t look so much like a zombie.

I jogged down the stairs two at a time, my mobile out and texting Kenzi to meet me at the dinner and ask Ethan to come as well. I felt like I hadn’t spoken to them in forever and to be honest, it was kind of sad.

“Thank God you are up! I was just about to drag your lazy arse out of bed” Mayce huffed in annoyance, making me scowl at her lightly.

“I’m not lazy I deserve a lot more sleep than I got, plus it’s nine in the morning, chill sis” I dismissed her.

She scoffed and hurried around the counter, as I only now caught a glimpse of her short skin tight skirt and vest accompanied by a waist jacket, it was clear that she was heading out somewhere fun today.

“More sleep?” she echoed giving me a dull stare “You went to bed, like the same time Lizzy did”

I opened my mouth to protest, when I realised that she didn’t know I snuck out at the middle of the night and then didn’t come back until four in the morning! So I claimed my mouth back shut and mutter a whatever.

“I’m ready!” Lizzy chirped, startling me with her sudden appearance as she slipped her hand into mine.

“Ok then, let’s go Princess” I smiled, tugging her towards the door and picking up my keys of the marble kitchen counter swiftly as we went.

I heard a loud ping go off, from behind me and I instantly recognised it as Mayce’s phone. And just when Lizzy and I got to the front door Mayce called out in shock and confusion.

“Why did my Ex-boyfriend, just text me saying that you came to his house last night in your pyjamas then ran away with a group of guys?” you could tell that she had already guessed it, as she questioned me.

I winced. Fuck, I just got caught! Oh well just like Shaggy sings ‘it wasn’t me’

“See ya later sis” I shouted sweetly, already hearing her pounding footsteps echoing through the house.

I chuckled and began running to the car, pulling a giggling Lizzy behind me. I strapped her in as fast as I could and zoomed off down the road, laughing as I saw Mayce’s yelling figure exclaiming something to my runaway car, in my mirror.

“Hey gorgeous” Kenzi gushed, as we walked into the café.

“Hey” I greeted back happily, feeling rather flattered at the rare complement.

Kenzi gave me an are-you-serious look, making me look at her in confusion. She rolled her eyes and point to something knee length to me “I was talking about Lizzy”