Chapter 2: Rumours

Chapter 2: Rumours  

“Come on get up, I’m not going to let you sulk in your bedroom today! You have got to go to school and show that asshole, that you are stronger than he thinks you are. Now get off your ass!” Mayce shouted sternly, while ripping the covers off my body.

I whimpered slightly and curled myself into a tight ball, trying to keep my body warm “I don’t want to see him Mayce” I choked.

After been scolding but her yesterday for worrying her by being home so late and not informing her, she finally realised that I was crying and forced me tell her what was wrong. Usually she ignore me at school and most of the time at home, it’s just easier that way, but I’m glad that she is offering me the support.

I had also texted all my best friends and informed them exactly what happened, obviously leaving out the part about Nick and his friends. Because if I was to tell them today then I know that I would start crying again.

Mayce sighed and sat behind me, before pulling me into a tight hug, which I really appreciated right now.

“I know you don’t Ash, but you have got to be strong. Show him that he can’t treat you like a piece of shit and turn you into one of those depressed chicks, okay? … I know you Ash. You are stronger than anyone I know, I mean all the things you gave up to be the better person and take care of this family” he cooed soothingly.

She was right, he couldn’t treat me like that. I couldn’t let him know how much I cared because that is exactly the response he expects. I’m going to show everyone that Caden Smith means nothing to me apart from being a cheating asshole!

I sighed and sniffed, touched by her words. “Thanks Mayce, I needed to hear that. And thanks for being here for me …” I said with a weak smile.

She smile but tried her best to look disgusted “Yeah ok, no need to get all emotional and stuff” she stated with a dismissive wave of her hand.

I giggled and got up just throwing on my usual clothes, which is just a casual style. I pulled on my leggings and loose sweater and my Converse.

Then went down stairs and jogged into the kitchen, picking up my little sister Laney off her stool and placed her on my shoulders. “Come on little princess, let’s take you to school” I chirped.

She giggled “Ashhhh, where were you? I didn’t get to see you last night, Mayce was being mean and put me to bed before I could see you”

I shouted goodbye to Mayce and loaded Laney into my car “I was err, doing some school work and got caught up, sorry princess” I said before kissing her forehead and ruffling her golden curls.

Laney and my sister had my dad’s lovely blonde hair, while I had my mum’s long light brown hair that fell to my mid-waist. We all had pure green eyes and a very feminine but defined facial shape, plus Mayce and I had good toned bodies.

But of course Mayce had the perfect hair, complexion, style and attitude that earn her the guy’s attention. I act responsible because one of us has to be, to keep our family together, so the only thing anyone see’s is a Good Girl, apart from my best friends.

 I quickly got out of the car and open the back door watching Laney hop out with a cute grin on her face, as she waves frantically at her friends behind me. I bend down give her quick hug and kiss, before watching her running into primary school with her friends.

Then I make the daunting ride to Wentworth High, running through every possible situation that I might encounter today, but never once did I expect what was really happening.