Chapter 23: It's a surprise

Chapter 23

My life is so beautifully imperfect right now.

And I'm not afraid to say that I am loving every single minute of it. Why? It's because of a simple, boy called Nick Branigan – who I can now proudly call my boyfriend.

It has been a week since the boy himself asked me out. I have never felt more ecstatic than in those few … long moments, where he did nothing but kiss me as if he were trying to tell me his every wish. It's safe to say that our relationship has seemed to cause more problem than I thought.

Riley, has been giving Nick the nastiest glares I have ever seen on him. I was so used to his goofy smiles and wide eyes. Lately though he has seemed a bit out of it, almost bipolar with his drastic mood changes.

He won't even come near me if Nick is nearby. It's starting to actually upset me, but I'm optimistic in the hope that we will work it out. We always do.

Nick was expelled for three days because of fighting!

A spotty boy with an ego the size of a football pitch, was unfortunate enough to insult me when Nick was nearby. Was I sick to say that I almost felt … happy, that Nick sorted him out? I wasn't sure.

Caden and Cynthia, seemed to make it their mission to make my life a misery now that they have sensed my happiness. I am also pleased to say that this little deal I made with Nick was starting to pay of.

I was beginning to stand up for myself! This however has only seemed to make them more determined . The truth is … I wouldn't even think of turning back time and changing my decision, just to avoid these problems.

Nope! I was beyond ecstatic and no one could ruin this.

“What's going on?” I whisper quietly to Kenzi, after scuttling into assemble a few minutes late with the rest of my class.

She shrugs her shoulders “They are talking to us about drugs. Apparently they have found some on school property on more than one occasion lately”

My eyebrows shoot up to my hairline in surprise “Really?”

Our year was defiantly an adventures lot and I think a few people have tried it out at parties, but no one that I knew of were addicted or dumb enough to risk bringing it into school. I shrug off my own thoughts when Kenzi nods and zone out for the rest of the assemble.

“Well that was a waste of time!” Kenzi huffs loudly, as students piled out of the hall all murmuring their complainants.

I hum and nod in agreement.

Someone comes hurtling into my back and sends me flying, luckily Kenzi was close enough to catch me before I fell into the sea of students. “Hey!” I exclaim, but my eyes soften when they land on a startled Riley.

“Riley” I blanch, reaching out to touch his shoulder “Are you ok?”