YEARS AGO

Y/N had to attend S.I.A.S. which stood for Secret International Agent School at the age of seven. Y/N parents were agents and wanted Y/N to become one too.

It wasn't just some school where you'd learn "How To Be An Agent". S.I.A.S. was a boarding school as well. That meant students were only allowed to visit their parents at the weekends and vise versa. Y/N parents didn't have much time for her but they tried to visit their daughter at least twice a month.

At school Y/N first learned how to speak at least three different languages fluently. It was a norm to teach the kids at an early age, as it was easier for them to adapt to the foreign languages. The teachers would train Y/N being flexible, energetic and fast. She had to learn the basics of many martial arts. Fighting with a technique that the students would develop over the years with their trainer. They'll get trained at the most efficient way that was possible for each individual.

At school Y/N always focused to have good points. She didn't have a best friend at school but she got along with everyone.

One day a new student got transfered at Y/N school. His name was Mark, Mark Yi En Tuan. He was a very nice and shy kid at first, who was talented in martial arts. Y/N making the first move on his first day there, she surprisingly got along with him very well. And eventually Y/N got to be friends with him that later developed into a stronger relationship. They were best friends.

After a while Y/N fell for Mark deeply but he hadn't had much time for her ever since another student came along. That student's name was Lee Eun Mi. Mark started spending much more time with her rather than with Y/N but it was okay, she told herself. They were only friends and she trusted him.

Y/N can remeber how he once texted her on a saturday night in December.

//FLASHBACK
It was 9pm as she had received a text message from him.
"Y/N, I need to talk to you. I'll meet you outside your dorm near the benches." it said. Y/N was still up working on Y/N strategies on some punching combos. After reading the message she went outside and walked towards benches to see Mark sitting there.

"Hey." Y/N said approaching him to later on take a seat next to him.
"Y/N, hey. *sigh* I know I didn't spend much time with you for the past few weeks and I'm sorry about that." Mark began apologizing to her.
"It's okay. I understand." Y/N said looking down at her thighs fidgeting.
"No, you don't. I'm going to make a promise.", Mark spoke up.
"Okay?" Y/N asked looking up at him.
"I'm still confused about my feelings. I really like you a lot but at the same time I kind of like Eun Mi too.. I just want you to promise me that you'll wait for me till I figure out my feelings for both you and Eun Mi. I don't want to decide now. I'm just not sure about it and I don't want to loose you two. So please wait for me, I already know that it will take time but after I know my feelings towards you, I'm all yours." Mark confessed and hugged Y/N tightly. "Please promise me.", he whispered in Y/N ear. Y/N was shocked at his confession. She liked him too but didn't know if she could wait that long for him. But at that time it didn't matter for her, so she said "I will, don't worry." Mark kissed her forehead smiling at her in relief and walked Y/N back to her dorm that night.

//3 MONTHS LATER
It was friday. Y/N finished her training for that day and went to the cafeteria to grab some food. When Y/N got there she found Mark sitting with Eun Mi again, at the place Mark and her used to sit at. Y/N ignored him and took a seat next to Ye Na. The two of them started to be best of friends two and a half months ago. Ye Na knew about the promise Y/N made to Mark and vice versa, since Y/N told her about it but she has been against it for a while now.
"Y/N, don't you think that you should let him go. I mean he didn't tell you about his feelings yet and three months have already passed. He doesn't even talk or text you anymore! He's always hanging out with Eun Mi.. You should just let him be and move on." Ye Na said as she watched Y/N staring at them.
"But he promised me." Y/N said even though she was predicting that Mark might have made a decision already.
Ye Na was a good friend to Y/N ever since they got to know eachother from fighting against eachother. She was talented at speaking russian fluently and jumping off of or over 3-4 meter high objects.

After all of Y/N's lessons she put her things back inside her locker. All the students were either in their dorms or on their way to visit their parents during the weekend.

Y/N closed her locker to meet eyes with Mark. She froze in place. She saw him standing there with a sad expression printed on his face. "Mark? What are you doing here?" Y/N asked.
He sighed and took a step forward.
"We need to talk, Y/N" he said.
"There's nothing we should talk about." she replied.
"Don't be like this, Y/N." Mark said softly.
She looked away from him as she heard what he had told her. It was about time to speak up her opinion to him.
"Why do you keep ignoring me?" Mark questioned fiercely.
"It's been three months and all you've done is ignoring me. I don't even know why!" he said seeming to be frustrated with her actions.
"Oh, you don't know?" Y/N asked him getting mad.
"No, I actually don't! If I knew, I probably would've done something." Mark answered almost asking for a fight.
"Mark!" Y/N's voice suddenly rose.
"You know exactly why I'm acting like this and you still haven't done anything about it! Mark Yi En Tuan, do you even remember what you promised me three months ago?" she said trying to stay as calm as possible. Y/N was hurt and Mark was the cause.

Mark fell silent hearing his second name. He knew that when Y/N were to be angry with him she'd always use his full name. As Y/N looked into Y/N's eyes, he noticed the tears that were building up. He suddenly remembered that night when he made the promise.
"Y/N..." he said so softly.
"No, no!" Y/N said strongly as her tears threatened to spill.
"Don't say anything. Do you think that I can wait for you that long?!", she asked looking at him right into his eyes.
"I told you that it would take time! How are you supposed to figure out your feelings so quickly?" Mark defended himself.
"But have you even thought about my feelings at all!" Y/N shouted. Y/N was losing it.
"Mark, I'm not trying to hurt you. You know very well that you're the last person I would ever want to harm in any way!" Y/N explained.
"Then what-" Mark tried to speak.
"Please, let me speak," Y/N cut him off.
"You've spent every single day for the last three months with Eun Mi," she continued.
"And during that time, I still stayed here waiting. I stayed waiting in hopes that one day it would just hit you that she wasn't the one and that I was. But that never happened.", Y/N said and tears uncontrollably escaped her eyes. "You never tried to give me any signs!" she said. "I'm not going to keep waiting like this, Mark. You need to figure things out." she continued.

"Why don't you understand what I'm going through, Y/N?" Mark dared to ask.
"This is so difficult for me and I can't just-" he said.

"Is it me or her, Mark?" Y/N cut him off.
"Me or her. Can you give me an answer now?", she pleaded.
Mark got nervous and couldn't decide at that exact moment. He didn't want to say something that would make him lose somebody.

But his silence was enough to answer her question too. He must have chosen Eun Mi, then.
Y/N nodded and wiped her tears away.
"Thank you for killing me slowly in those three months. You could've said it sooner." she wanted to leave but Mark grabbed her by her wrist.
"Wait, you can't just leave like this." Mark said quiet.

"Then give me a freaking answer, Mark!" you snapped.
"I'm not going to keep waiting for you like this. I can't!" Y/N said feeling pathetic.
He scratched his head and stared at the ground still not knowing how to handle the situation.
Y/N watched him for a few seconds and sighed. "She'll probably never love you like I do, but who am I to say anything? You chose her, after all. And you know what, I don't want to meet you ever again." Y/N said and broke away from his grip, walking off.
Y/N walked down the hallway as he stood there speechless.
And as much as Y/N wanted to turn back to him, she knew she couldn't.
She just kept walking forward.