TD [9] How To Catch A Girl

Are you from Starbucks because I like you a latte.

Chapter Nine

It was 3.54 pm. School had officially ended this week as of eight minutes ago. Students were exiting classrooms, gathering their things, fleeing the halls all to leave the premise as soon as possible. Yet Pearce made his way to the football field where he located Jessie and Connor up on the bleachers.

They sent him a wave which he didn't return, ascending to them.

"Why exactly did I have to meet you here?" Pearce asked Jessie. "If it's anything to do with my compensation gift, then I already don't like it."

"Patience, Conway," said Jessie. "We'll get to that later. I've called you here for the three of us to deal with a matter of utmost importance."

Pearce quirked a brow. "Which is?"

"Uncovering the identity of your mystery coquette, of course."

Pearce wondered why he was even surprised. "Seriously?"

"I'm just here 'cause my evening's free." Connor shrugged nonchalantly.

"Okay," was all Pearce could say on that notion.

"Take a seat and I'll run you through my idea," Jessie told him.

"If you wanna know so badly, I can just go to Mr. Ford to ask for her name," Pearce pointed out.

"Where's the fun in that?" Jessie countered.

Pearce rolled his eyes but nevertheless, settled down on a seat by the two boys to hear Jessie's solution.

"So I've asked around to find out all the girls in this school who uh..." He cleared his throat. "Are known to come around to guys and get pretty friendly. Their names and faces are all here through social media accounts so one of them should be a hit. Also, I've categorised the girls into two lists; the ones who are currently single and the ones with boyfriends but have been known to still fool around so..."

Jessie stopped once noticing the identical questioning looks Pearce and Connor were giving him. "What?"

"You're way too into this." Pearce shook his head.

"Yeah," Connor agreed. "You put together a list like that in the last hour and a half of school? How does someone even manage that?"

Jessie smirked. "I have my ways. Now, let's get started."

The three boys sat there as Jessie began showing Pearce and Connor multiple girls, different grades, names and faces which were eliminated one by one by a "no" or a head shake. The pattern persisted for twenty minutes to no avail.

"Okay, I'm done," Pearce announced.

"What? But there's still a couple more left to go through," said Jessie.

"I don't care," Pearce snapped. "I'm not looking at another girl wearing a shirt too small to make her cleavage appear bigger and with the hashtag BadAss. God, we're basically just three guys stalking profiles." He groaned, dragging a hand down his face. "Show the rest to Connor. I'm tired."

Knowing Pearce was close to impossible to persuade when he was grumpy, Jessie left him be to lay down on his seat, staring up at the sky. It was roughly two minutes later when Connor let out a gasp. "This...!" He pointed at Jessie's phone screen.

Pearce immediately sat up, all ears.

"This one? It's her?" Jessie questioned.

"Nah, but this is the chick who took off her top at Brent Donwood's New Years party. Girl is a party animal."