Ch 19 All that Glitters is not Gold

Start from the beginning

Ruby: (outside the door) Y/N, who are you even talking to?

Y/N: (opens door) I honestly don't know my self. Anyhow any particular reason you came?

Ruby: Well you know Weiss said she wanted to do shopping. Yang went also to go get some parts. Blake wanted some sushi.

Y/N: And why didn't you go.

Ruby: The bakery wasn't close by and I don't need anything. I got lonely so I thought why not go to you.

Y/N: Well I need to do some cleaning. Silver never got to cleaning.

Ruby: I can wait for you to finish.

Y/N: Then come in. Don't rip the curtains.

Ruby: Hey! That was only once.

Y/N: Was it now?

Ruby: I will never say.

While Y/N was busy cleaning Ruby got ahold of his pocket watch inspecting it. Handling it Ruby drops the pocket watch as it slips from her hand. Ruby covers her mouth as she sees that it is broken. Grabbing it Y/N looks to her. Then the pocket watch as be processes what just happen.

Y/N: (calmly) Ruby, do you know what you just done?

Ruby wasn't scared by how Y/N wasn't yelling but by how calm he was making it even worse than that. She couldn't say anything.

Y/N: (calmly) You just broke one of the few bloody items in my possession that actually matters to me that I cannot replace.

Ruby: Y-Y/N, I'm so-sorry.

Y/N: (calmly) Ruby, just go.

Ruby: Y/N, I'm sorry.

Y/N: (calmly) I can't see you at the moment. Just go. Please.

Ruby: But-

Y/N: (calmly) Ruby, before I begin to yell.

Ruby runs out of the room with tears in her eyes. Tanner accidentally bumping into her wondered what happened.

Tanner: I bumped into Ruby and saw her crying what-oh. You know what I'll let you handle this. Just remember what I said.

Silver: What's happening?

Tanner: Not now Silver. Y/N needs to figure some stuff out right now. Let's go to another movie.

Silver: Two movies in one day?

With the door closing behind him Y/N looked at the pocket watch. He tried messing around with it to fix it but to no avail. Calming down he thought that maybe he should apologize.

Y/N: One of the only moments that I let my emotions get the better of me.

He imagine what his father would say on the matter. It would be along the lines that it is just a watch. It was an accident after all. That and you may be in the right but that does not mean you are wrong also.

Y/N thoughts went to what he told her when their relationship started. If he did not make the necessary steps to make amends it would make him a hypocrite, but that final thought got him the most. How would Yang react? He shuddered at that thought as Yang would be one to assume the worst.