My Perfect Destiny - Chapter 2

Hello all!

I bet you just got this notification on your phone and you've suddenly slipped into a state of shock. I bet you're amazed to see that I have actually updated this story! FINALLY! Well, prepare for many more uploads because this is only the beginning. I'm back on wattpad.

Hope you enjoy!

:)

                                                                                      ***

Sitting in his truck and gazing out the window, it's unfathomable how beautiful it is outside. The air is warm, the sun is shining brightly, and there is a positive vibe while my favorite country artist blasts through the surround sound speakers. Unexpectedly, the radio station changes and rap music catches me off guard. Oh, boy. 

I turn to Damon and sigh, as he nods his head in beat to the rhythm. "You're ridiculous," I tell him.

Turning to gazing in my direction, he rolls his eyes at me. "Don't hate."

"Oh, I am hating. I hate rap."

"I'm aware." And he begins rapping the lyrics. 

"Oh, for the love of all that's holy, please stop!"

He turns up the volume, my body vibrating from the bass. "You're so lame, Nevaeh! Country music sucks. Hip hop is the shit."

"You can't even understand what he's saying."

"Yeah, you can," He argues. "They don't play country music at house parties for a reason."

"I really hate being born into this generation," I murmur, and he smirks.

"You know, you really crack me up. You're so-"

He hesitates, for what feels like forever. I eye him cautiously, waiting anxiously for him to continue although he remains silent.

"I'm so what?" I urge. 

"Nothing," He laughs. "Forget it."

"I'm so what?" I playfully smack his arm, that muscular arm. Football has done him well. "Say it. Don't be a pussy."

"I am far from a pussy," He rushes out, stepping on the gas. Suddenly, we rush through a red light, cars beeping and swerving as my frightened screams take over.

"What the hell, Damon!" I shout, glaring at him. "You could've got us into an accident!"

"Technically, it wouldn't have been an accident. I meant to do that with every ounce of my being."

I shake my head at the sarcasm in his tone. "That was uncalled for."

"You called me a pussy," He says, shooting me a devious grin. "You, of all people, know I am far from that."

"You have no control. You're so impulsive."

"I am," He nonchalantly replies. "No fear, Nevaeh. You need to live a little. Feel what it's like to be on the edge."

"The edge of what? Death?" I retort, looking in the side-view mirror to ensure we're not being chased by the police. "No thanks. I think I'll pass."

"You just don't want to ruin that pretty face."

We reach another red light, and our eyes lock. So beautiful, bright blue. Endless.

"I want to live," I softly reply.