My Perfect Destiny

This is the sequel to My Brother's Best Friend.
It's of Bella and Caleb's daughter Nevaeh, and Maci's son, Damon. 

Preview

                                                                                   ***

Not believing what I just said to him, my heart begins to pick up its speed in my chest, thumping out of control because of the overwhelming feelings I'm now experiencing. My chest aches, my heart literally skipping beats and I feel a lump built up in the back of my throat.  Butterflies build up in the pit of my stomach, and nothing but fear and shock runs through my mind, knowing that I have just told my best friend, my other half, and my whole life... The truth.

I told him what I never in my entire life thought I would ever admit to anyone let alone him. I have finally come out with my true feelings. Some part of me deep inside is relieved that hiding my love for him is over but the other part of me is screaming in nothing but anger. There's nothing else to do or say other than to cross my fingers and pray to God that this won't change anything. I focus my gaze right on Damon, not daring to look away for a second while I watch the way his head lifts and his beautiful blue eyes stare deeply into mine. His full and addictive lips part in what seems to be fear, but he continues to look at me in complete silence.

"Wait." Damon finally ends the silence, his tone filled with confusion and it rips at my heart.

I know that this is the moment that will change everything.

"What did you just say?"

"Please don't make me say it again." I stare helplessly at him, begging him with my eyes to just let this whole thing go and to drop this. But I am completely aware that this will not happen. It's either going uphill or downhill, and all I can do is brace myself for a goodbye. There is no way he will ever look at me the same again.

Damon's eyes narrow. It's almost as if his whole world just came crashing down before us and he eventually lets out a deep breath. He runs his hand through his silky brown hair, glancing down at the ground and I can't help but notice how a guilty expression has now overtaken his face. "Nevaeh, we're best friends. I mean, I thought we're just friends."

"I can't hold this in anymore. I can't be scared about what's going to happen if I tell you. Damon... It's our destiny to be together. I just know it is. We've grown up together. We've known each other since we were in diapers. We both care about each other so much it's crazy, and for all of these years I just shut my mouth and never said anything to you about this but now I'm at the point where I just can't take it anymore." I emotionally rush out, holding my breath afterwards as tears fill my eyes.

He steps forward, getting as close to me as he possibly can. Then he gently lifts my chin up with his fingers so I have no other choice but to stare him right in the eyes. Oh, how I wish I could look into them for the rest of my life. It's pathetic how much he means to me but I know for a fact it will never change. "I want to make sure I'm not just imagining this. I want to be positive that this is really happening, Nev." He hesitates for a moment and I swear I can see sparks in his eyes, something I've never witnessed before. "What did you say?"

"No. I can't."

"Why not?"

"I'm scared," I admit, the words easily slipping off my tongue as an unexpected  look of passion overtakes his face. "I'm scared that if I say it again, you'll drop me for good. You'll just stop being my best friend and then I won't be able to have you at all. And that will kill me, Damon. You're my best friend. You mean so much to me. I won't be able to deal with losing you. You're the best part of my life."

But he slowly shakes his head in return, and I stop speaking while my heart hammers wildly in my chest. About a minute later he barely mumbles under his breath, "Say it."

"Damon-" I can't help but whimper as I begin to break down, but his words stop me.

"Nevaeh. Tell me what you're thinking," he softly says, narrowing his amazing eyes and at this very moment it feels like he's staring deep into my soul. "Please." 

"Okay."

I finally allow myself to give in to my temptation, and I know for sure now that this will either end well or badly. Unexpected tears form in my eyes at the realization. My whole body begins to shake. I've never been so terrified in my life, but I'm ready to tell my best friend the truth. He deserves to know the truth. I lift my head and look up into his memorizing eyes when suddenly I'm no longer scared, because the lust and passion that is built up behind them I actually have hope.

So I say under my breath, "I'm in love with you, Damon." 

                                                                                     ***