CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

UNIT 26

With one last toss and turn, Naih finally jumped out of bed, grabbing a set of clothes, and then quickly continued her morning routine.

"HAPPY NINETEENTH BIRTHDAY, PRINCESS!"

Naih jumped out of shock as she was greeted by a happy Yangyang, blowing a party whistle the moment she opened her bedroom door.

"Waaaahh, you loook sooo good!"

"Yang I-"

"Here, blow your cake!"

Naih just chuckled, clasping her hands to wish, and blew the fire out after a moment.

"You grew up well." Yangyang said in fake sobs, wiping away invisible tears.

"Silly, let's just eat this cake for breakfast."

"Not a chance! Oh, he's here." They both paused at the sound of the doorbell.

"Who's he?" 

Yangyang dragged her to the dining area, one hand still carrying the cake.

The boy rushed to the door, opening it, not forgetting to greet the person with a wide smile.

Naih tilted her head aside to see who came by this early morning, and her eyes widened after.

The boy beside Yangyang showed a warm smile, one hand gripping at the paper bag and one hand at the bouquet of tulips.

"Happy Birthday, Naih."

—————

the night before

Jisung flinched at the loud sound of his ringtone. He let out a groan before lifting himself up and lazily answering the call, placing the phone in his ear without checking who it was.

[PARK JISUNG!]

Jisung immediately took the phone away from his ear, his whole body waking up at the high-pitched sound on the other line.

His brows furrowed at the unknown number on his screen, but he found the voice so familiar.

He turned the speaker on since he didn't want to break his eardrum more.

[ARE YOU STILL THERE, JISUNG?]

The voice sounded calmer than before, and that's when he fully recognized the owner.

"Yangyang hyung?"

[YOU'RE RIGHT THERE, KID! This is your loyal shipper, Liu Yang Yang.]

"Loyal shipper?"

Yangyang let out a groan, which Jisung already visualized as the guy might be rolling his eyes.

[So as I was saying, you, Jisung Park, will come here to Unit 26 tomorrow morning.]

"Why should I?"

[It's Naih's 19th birthday, and yes, you're invited.]

"But I never got an invitation from Naih herself."

[It's not like you also knew that it's her day tomorrow, nor will she wake her lazy ass up to invite anyone, and me, being a good friend, will buy a cake and breakfast meals and invite her prince charming.]

"What prince charming are you saying?"

[Ugh, don't spoil my excitement, please. Well, just so you know, she likes tulips, and the purple color is her thing. You're welcome. See you tomorrow.]

"Yang wait"

Jisung froze on his bed on the spot, trying to understand things much further. Blinking multiple times, Jisung's eyes landed on the wall clock, which reads 8 p.m.

Huffing, he wore a hoodie and sweatpants and slid on his trainers. Grabbing his phone, wallet, and unit card, he then made his way straight out of the building, with tulips and purple things surrounding his mind.

—————

present time

"So are you just going to stare at each other forever?"

The two looked away at Yangyang's voice.

Jisung stepped towards the girl and placed his gifts on the empty chair beside her.

Yangyang shrieked at the sight of tulips now on Naih's lap.

"I'm sorry, I didn't know what to give you, actually. Yangyang here just told me that you like tulips and purple things, so..."

Naih took a glimpse of Yangyang with a glare and looked back at Jisung with a smile.

"Thanks, Ji, you don't have to. I bet Yangyang bugged you to come here and get me gifts."

"No, not at all. I also heard your birth date for the first time, and the next thing I knew, I was buying gifts."

"Silly, come sit." Naih tapped the chair on her right since the gifts occupied the chair on her left.