Of monsters and humans.

Start from the beginning

With every bone in his body cracking, the night pillar sat in front of her, his fingers caressed her face, wiping away her diamond-like tears. The smile appeared on his face.

"Don't cry anymore, you've become a crybaby. Just like Zenitsu." He laughed as the girl pouted with cheeks resembling the one's of a hamster.

"It's your fault, idiot." She hit the boy's chest over and over again. "It's your fault that I can show emotions again!"

She felt invaded when Hiiro closed the distance between them, he only left a few centimeters between his lips and hers.

The golden eyes were so close that she felt herself lost in them.

"And why's that?" He whispered with calm and seductive voice.

His breathing was soft and his hand made his way from her cheeks to her jawline, soon her chin was trapped by his index finger.

"Becau—" before the butterfly could end her sentence, her lips melt with his. They were soft as ever, sweet as ever. The same as ever, but for her, they were perfect, she desires to kiss them for the rest of her life, she will never let go the feeling she thought lost long ago to vanish as sudden as it came.

When they separated, their forehead pressed against each other. Two big smiles as wide as a mile and their hands refusing to let the other go.

"That's the cause, Hiiro-kun. It's because I love you."

"I love you too, Shinobu."

The loud crashing was enough to bring down the small wood houses.
Kamado Tanjiro stood alone. Full of blood and injuries, even though the Hashiras and his friends were helping him against the strongest demon. They stood no chance, he single handed wiped all of them out.

"Damn it..." he huffed and puffed, gripping his sword tighter and tighter.
The monster in front of him was strong.

He dealt with his big group, they were barely alive and he couldn't do anything.

'If only master were here...' his eyes were wide open when the image of his training flashed through his mind.

All the pain they endured, the injuries, the blood they spat, the sweat that mixed with their tears.

Even when their bodies were at the edge of crumbling, the night pillar mercy was never shown. He hit them harder during those times. But Tanjiro never forgot his master's words.

'Put your life in the line, break the limits... BREAK THE LIMITS!'

The young swordsman pushed his body forward, forcing his body to move, to attack his arch enemy, to annihilate the father of all demons.

Muzan couldn't explain what he saw, the young sun breath user dissapeared in front of him. The next thing he felt was his tentacles being cut and blood spouting from his curtailed arm.

Kamado Tanjiro performed his first shunpo ever.

Letting out his breath, the demon slayer faced his opponent. Like a raging fire he did not concede the demon  a single second to react against the brutal hurricane of slashes.

Hacking and slashing his way to the throat of his foe. Without remorse, without thinking about anything else.

He just set his mind into killing Muzan.
The demon was being pushed back by the swordsman, just like that time, long ago, when he was nearly killed by Yoriichi.

He let out a wild roar before half dozen tentacles regrow from his back, launching the deadly limbs against Tanjiro.

When the boy tried to evade, his body did not followed his will. It froze in place. His muscles screaming and his eyes watching the attack came closer and closer.

'Move, move, move.' He begged. He found nothing but despair.

Shinobu Kocho felt the breeze hit her face. It carried the smell of blood and death. That was the smell of a battlefield.

The final battle has begun.

"We have to go, Hiiro-kun." She whispered.

The black swordsman was knelt down, with his sword at his hands and his head hanging low.

Even when they already had planned their attack, even when they have recovered enough to put on a fight. He was nervous.

They were so close to end it, yet, it felt like they were miles away from their objective.

"Please... give me strength." He prayed as he stood, ready to go. "Kyojuro, Kanae. Give me strength to defeat Muzan."

The Butterfly girl didn't day anything. She also prayed to her sister for strength.

She double checked her pockets, ensuring that the secret weapon was still there.

"Let's go, Shinobu." Hiiro articulated as they made their way to the final battle.

"Monjiro!" The dual blades cut two tentacles while the snake pillar sneaked behind Muzan, trying to end the battle.

"Foolishness!" A new pair of tentacles defended the blind spot of the demon.

Inosuke, Mitsuri and Iguro arrived to the battlefield after defeating the master of the fortress spell.

"Guys..." Tanjiro fell to his knees, he felt like a thousand rocks were tied to them.

"Get up, Tanjiro-kun." The love pillar cheered. "We need to fight, we are close to win the battle."

Even if the pinknette was in the right, his body was at the limit. It could not take more. Maybe he already broke all his limits.

The macabre laughter of the demon reached their ears. Muzan covered his face with his hand as he mocked the swordsmen.

"You really thought that mere humans can beat me?" He let out a loud laugh, lime he was genuinely laughing at the efforts of the demon slayers corps. "I'm a god, humans can't kill gods."

"You're no god, Muzan." Tanjiro cried as he stood up again, gritting his teeth. "You're a monster and only humans can kill monsters!"

Silence, the bloody eyes of the demon could not separate themselves from the boy.

"You piss me off, Kamado Tanjiro." His tentacles aimed at the boy, this time sharp needles formed at the tip. "I'll finish this."

With lightning fast speed, the monstrous limbs rocketed themselves against the defenseless boy.

Mitsuri stopped one with her great strength while Obanai and Inosuke cut two of the tentacles, leaving only one.

Tanjiro fought against his tiredness, against the weight of his own body. But he found no hope, he was at the verge of defeat and nobody could save him.

He closed his eyes, defeating the demon was such a stupid goal, the difference between them was just too big to begin with.

At least he made it this far, he avenged Rengoku, he made friends, and found love with Kanao. He was happy.

"Don't give up yet!" The voice made him jump, before the tentacles reached him, it was cut in half. "I don't remember teaching you how to give up!"

All the combatants were dumbfounded, in front of them a young black haired man, carrying a sword as big as his boy stood.

At his side, a petite girl with a Butterfly pattern haori rested, her delicate hands were gripping his sword.

"WHO ARE YOU?" Muzan barked before falling to his knees, spitting blood.

He has been poisoned by the swift attack of the amethyst eyed girl.

"You have no need to know our names, Muzan." The tenth pillar yelled as he thrust his humongous blade into the ground. "But we're here to kill you!"