Chapter 18: Bloody

Start from the beginning

"Somewhere to practice my magic." I said, slipping an easy lie into my answer.

He nodded, believing my answer. Blaive pats shoulder before saying, "Be careful."

I fake gasped, "Blaive are you worried for me? How kind of you!"

His ears turn red before pinching my cheeks as revenge.

"Ow ow okay!" I cried out and he let my cheeks go.

I could still feel a bit of sting because of him so I glared at him before leaving the classroom to the forest.

"Are they your friends?" he asked.

"Yeah."

He didn't say anything after that leaving me wondering why the sudden question.

"Hello Lady Lilyana."

I stopped my tracks and gazed at the person who had greeted me. I smiled and nodded, "Hello Miss Pratt. Is there something you need?"

Lucy then takes something out and hands it over to me. "This is an apology gift for what happened that day!"

"That day?" I muttered to myself before remembering what she meant.

"Oh I see..Then I shall gladly receive your gift. Thank you Miss Pratt." I took the gift from her, suspicious of it but I didn't dare to show it.

Lucy then walked away, leaving me in the hall with the gift she had given me. Looking at the gift, it was a medium size box and it felt quite heavy. I frowned, just what on earth did she put in here.

"What's inside?" Kyrillos asked.

"I don't know, I'll take a look when we reach the forest." I replied before continuing my way to the forest.

Stopping in front of the forest, Kyrillos jumped off and turned back into his normal form. He turned to me and looked down at the box in my arms.

"Are you gonna open it?" he asked, poking it.

I nodded, "I will but I don't trust her. I'm opening it here so if anything happens, your forest won't get damaged."

Kyrillos smiled, shaking his head. "How generous of you but don't worry I can handle anything."

I set the box down on the ground and slowly opened it. Inside the box were tons of cookies. Kyrillos and I looked at each other before looking back at the box.

"A bunch of cookies...?" I picked one up and observed it.

Kyrillos' eyes widen, "I don't think you should-"

I took a sniff of it before cautiously biting into it. I chewed on it before swallowing it. I turned to Kyrillos, "I think it's alright. Tastes sweet as well."

I got up from my squatting position and cleaned my uniform before picking up the box of cookies. "Do you want some?" I asked Kyrillos but he shook his head.

"There's a weird smell coming out from it." he commented.

I tried to smell the cookies another time but I couldn't smell anything weird. "What does it smell like?"

He placed his hand on his chin as he pondered over it before sighing, "I can't remember but it's on the tip of my tongue."

"But it's best that you don't eat any more of it." he warned me and I nodded.

"I only ate one. I don't think anything will happen." I laughed it off, closing the box back up and threw it away.

Kyrillos had a mixed look on his face. I turned to him and grinned, "What? Are you worried about me?"

He scoffed and looked away, "No who said I was?"

I laughed at him, "So you are."

"No."

I kept teasing and laughing at him until I had to head back to the cafeteria for dinner. Grabbing my dinner, I walked to the usual table, I would sit with the other four, including Ralph ever since I forced him to sit with us.

I noticed all of them were already there, just about to eat. I sat down beside Catherine and greeted them.

"I can't believe it's my favourite dessert today!" I smiled widely as I began to eat the dessert first.

I hear Phillip sighing at me, "You are supposed to eat your main course first Lilyana."

I rolled my eyes at him, looking straight at him as I took a bite of my dessert. "It's my food and I get to do whatever I want."

Phillip shook his head at me before mockingly smiling at me, "What a child."

I glared at him, holding myself back from flipping him off, "Shut it,"

"It's my mouth and I get to do whatever I want." he snickered, reusing what I said.

I was about to fight back with him when I felt my throat feeling itchy. I tried to ignore it, scratching the top of my mouth to stop the itch but it only got worse.

"Cat's got your tongue?" Phillip smirked, folding his arms in victory.

"No-"

Opening my mouth, I let out a dreadful cough. My eyes widened in horror as I stared at my hand. My hand was covered in blood. I could feel blood dripping down my chin and hand as I looked back up at my friends, frozen in shock. All their eyes were wide open in shock as well, face paling at the blood.

'..What?'

My mind felt fuzzy and my vision grew blurrier by the second. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground, unable to move. Darkness slowly overtook me and the voices around me were slowly fading away as I fluttered my eyes close.

---

Author's note: heh i love making my characters suffer out of nowhere ¯\_(シ)_/¯