House of the devil

Like the Red Death showing up in an Edgar Allan Poe story, the Black Hood had come to Riverdale. With that grimmest of reapers looming over us, how did we cope?

Heaven

I was at pop's with Evan Jughead and Betty

"Sorry, there's no service in the bowels of City Hall."

"What'd you find? Any truth to what that creepy truck driver said about that murdered family?"

"Yes, shockingly, Freddy Krueger didn't lie to me. A family of four was murdered by someone that the press called "the Riverdale Reaper." The victims were Jim and Mary Ellen Conway and their kids. Tommy was ten, and Sue was nine."

"Poor kids" i spoke softly my heart broke hearing that

"Reaper was never caught or identified, so he could be our Black Hood, but I'm dubious. He would be in his 60's by now."

"Why did he do it... Kill them?" I asked

"The reporter of the article talked to a sheriff at the time who thought... Killer chose them at random or because their house was isolated."

"Where was it?"

"Edge of Fox Forest, down some service road. There's a picture of it." Me and Betty looked at the picture and it looked scary

"Oh, my God. Jughead, I've been to this house. The Black Hood sent me to it, as part of his game."

"Well, then there's definitely a link between the Hood and the Reaper. We should talk to Keller. Pull the files from the murders. At least get a list of all the players."

"No, Jughead, I can't go to Sheriff Keller. Not after I accused him of being the Black Hood."

"Right, yeah, that would be awkward. You could go to the house."

"Are you crazy" i said

"I can't go back there, Jug. He made me look in a mirror, you know, what I saw staring back at me... I don't want to do that again.

"Then you don't have to, okay?" The jugs phone rang and he picked up then at school he called Veronica and Archie

"So the reason we called you guys in here..."

"My dad's getting out of jail." I had a big smile on my face for him and Ev

"Jug, that's... That's great. Yeah, what heralded this miracle?"