You got me

Laura didn't want to be around Mariyah. She just wanted to be herself.

She could still hear Mariyah calling out to her as she left the mall. Mariyah's voice was annoying the hell out of her.

This was the chick that Marquez was gung ho for? He was trying so hard to keep his little woman with the squeaky voice and annoying habits. That was who he picked. Over her.

Laura rubbed her belly. She could feel her stomach getting upset like the baby knew she was mad. It was a weird feeling.

"Laura! Wait up!" Mariyah was still running behind her.

Laura stopped. She knew she couldn't shake Mariyah even if she wanted to. Mariyah was like a pesky bed bug. No matter how much you think you killed, exterminated it or got rid of it, the presence was always there. That's how Laura felt about Mariyah. Mariyah's presence was always around her, crawling up her skin, making her itch.

Mariyah smiled as she finally caught up with Laura. "Why you jetted off?"

"I was hungry," Laura huffed.

"Again?" Mariyah asked.

"Yeah, I just threw up what I had earlier as you saw," Laura answered annoyed.

Mariyah nodded. "Yeah, you sure did."

"Look, why don't you meet up with Marquez and I'll catch you up with you later," Laura suggested.

"Why?" Mariyah asked.

"Because I want to eat in peace this time," Laura replied and started to walk again.

"Come off it, Laura," Mariyah said. "We're girls. What's on your mind?"

Wouldn't you like to know, you little runt, Laura thought.

"Nothing," Laura said. "Look, I just want some time by myself."

Mariyah started walking behind Laura. "Come on, I'll go with you to eat again. We can go to Lucky Lou's and get some lo mein with the spicy noodles. That won't fill me up since Quez is taking me out later."

Laura rolled her eyes. "Yeah, so why don't you just go and meet up with him. Don't worry about me."

"But you my girl," Mariyah smiled. "Besides I really want some pineapple chunks."

Ugggghhhh, Laura thought to herself. Mariyah was acting like a bothering tick. Laura wished Mariyah was a bug so she could squash her and be done with it.

"I told you I'm fine with eating by myself," Laura said.

"Don't be silly," Mariyah said. "Besides, it's still early. I still have some time to kill before I meet Quez."

Laura cringed. She wished that pest would stop bringing up that man's name all the time. It was like Mariyah just wanted to keep reminding Laura that she was with Marquez

Laura shook her head. Just a few hours ago, Mariyah was crying her eyes out thinking the world had ended and now she was up and bubbly and back in Laura's face.

Laura  was really starting to dislike her friend.

"What does he see in you?" Laura mumbled to herself.

"What?" Mariyah asked.

"Nothing," Laura quickly said. "Look, Riyah, I want to be alone."

"Nobody wants to be alone, silly," Mariyah smiled that annoying smile again.

No, you don't want to be alone. There are plenty of people that want to be alone but got no choice but to hear annoying people buzzing in their ears, Laura thought to herself.