To Gronder Field, Part Two:

Start from the beginning

"Have the two of you been training?" Byleth asked.

Caspar nodded, "Yup!" he said enthusiastically, "We've been here since early this morning" he added.

"You got Hilda up early in the morning to train?" Byleth said in shock.

"Hey! I train I'll have you know" Hilda said defensively

Byleth shook her head and let out a small laugh, "Yeah ok Hilda sure" she said "Let's spar then" she added.

Hilda groaned, "But I've been training all day" she whined.

Byleth shrugged, "It will give you more practice" she said "It will only help you" she added.

Caspar nodded in agreement, "Yeah! Come on Hilda" he said "You and Byleth come at me!" he shouted excitedly.

"Ugh, fine" Hilda said dramatically.

Byleth laughed, "Alright then let's get to it then" she said.

After a while of training Byleth, Caspar, and Hilda finally decided to call it quits for the day. Byleth and Hilda left from the training grounds to head to the dining hall.

"So, Hilda" Byleth said in a sing song tone, "You woke up early to spar with Caspar?" she asked.

Hilda furrowed her brows, "Yes" she replied, "I get where you are going with this" she said "It's not like that" she added.

Byleth laughed, "Oh it's not is it" she said "It most certainly doesn't look that way" she added. "Caspar managed not only to wake you up early, but to also have you train" Byleth said.

"He's just interesting is all" Hilda said, "There is nothing more to it" she added defensively.

Byleth threw her arms up, "Alright, alright" she said "I'm sorry I mentioned it" she added with a laugh. "In my defense I think this is the first time I've seen you show interest in anyone" Byleth said, "I think it's only fair that I tease you" she added.

Hilda groaned in response, "Whatever" she sighed, Byleth thought it was a bit amusing to see her friend blissfully unaware of her own feelings, she wondered if Hilda thought the same about her long ago.

Both Byleth and Hilda entered the dining hall, and grabbed their food then sat down at a table.

"I can't believe how close it is until we leave for Gronder Field" Hilda said with a slight shudder.

Byleth nodded, "I know, it feels so surreal" she sighed "I wish it didn't come to this, I hate the idea that we will be fighting our friends" she added.

Hilda shrugged, "It's the way it has to be" she said "Besides don't be so glum, Byleth" she added. "If everything goes according to plan then hopefully everyone will realize that all our fighting was for nothing" Hilda said.

"I hope so" Byleth said, "Only time will tell" she sighed.

Sylvain:

Sylvain had been in a deep sleep but was woken up by banging on the outside of his door, "Who is it" Sylvain groaned.

"Sylvain, it's me Ingrid" Ingrid said continuing her knocking, "Please get up it is urgent" she added seriously.

Fear settled in Sylvain, his mind immediately wondered if maybe Dimitri went haywire and began attacking his allies. Sylvain rushed to the door and swung it open, "Is everything ok Ingrid?" he asked with concern.

Ingrid entered Sylvain's room "His Highness has requested that we all leave immediately" Ingrid began "We are heading to Gronder Field now" she added quietly.