To Gronder Field, Part Two:

Start from the beginning

Marianne nodded, "Sorry Byleth if it causes any discomfort" Marianne said and then began to use silent on Byleth.

Byleth felt something, it was as if she had a restraint of some sort on her for a moment she felt as if her energy had been drained. "Try using your magic" Lysithea said.

Byleth nodded and then attempted to use fire. Byleth frowned slightly, she was unable to conjure anything, "I can't" Byleth finally said after giving into her irritation of being unable to use fire.

Lysithea let out a small laugh, "Byleth, silent prevents a person who wields magic from using it for a period of time" Lysithea explained "No need to be upset" she added.

"I see" Byleth said, she felt slightly stupid now over having been upset that she couldn't conjure fire.

"Are you experiencing slight fatigue?" Marianne asked.

Byleth nodded, "Yeah, I felt drain my energy" she said.

"Marianne gave forewarning for a reason" Lysithea said with a laugh, "I felt it firsthand as well, not exactly the most pleasant feeling" she added.

"Yeah, that felt weird" Byleth said.

A look of concern fell over Marianne's face "I didn't hurt either of you, did I?" she asked.

Byleth shook her head, "No, we should be fine" Byleth said "Just tired" she added.

Marianne nodded, "My apologies" she said.

"Ugh, Marianne there is no need for that" Lysithea said sternly, "We knew what we were getting ourselves into" she added.

Byleth nodded in agreement, "I- um... Thank you" Marianne said softly.

The three of them sat there in silence for a moment, "So, silent works on magic only we still have nothing yet to immobilize people such as Felix, Ingrid, and Sylvain" Lysithea said breaking the silence, "I'm thinking that we might not be able to have a spell that knocks them out" she said. "However we could have Marianne use silent on them since it will make them tired, thus making it easier to restrain them" Lysithea said, "The only problem is so far Marianne seems to be the only person who is able to use silent" she said, "We need to find out if anyone else has the talent for it and hurry to teach it to them" Lysithea explained.

"Is there any way we can determine if someone has the ability to use it?" Byleth asked.

Lysithea nodded, "Yes, there are ways" she said "I'm certain if we search Hanneman's office we'll find something that tests it" she added. "Otherwise Linhardt and I will have to warp Marianne around the battlefield in order to use it" she said with a small laugh.

Byleth let out a small laugh and nodded, "I'll leave you to it then" she said and rose from her seat and began to leave from the library.

"I'll let you know if anything comes up" Lysithea said as Byleth exited the library.

Byleth began heading to the training grounds, so far, they seemed to be faring well with their plan to spare as many of the Kingdom forces as possible. She was relieved that Lysithea and Marianne had managed to find that spell, however the Battle at Gronder Field was approaching fast and she feared that it all of the work that they are putting in to spare Kingdom soldiers might be in vain. And not to mention that this will be the first time seeing Edelgard since they fought side by side against Rhea.

Byleth was stressed out about it to say the least, it seemed like no matter what they did it wouldn't be enough.

She sighed then entered the training grounds, "Well look who finally decided to train" Byleth turned and saw Hilda was approaching her, alongside Caspar.