Luxurious Lifestyle

I woke up in bed, the last thing I remember was James starting the movie and him massaging my head. If I could go to sleep like that all the time...

I exhale the thought, don't get ahead of yourself, Lyndsey.

I look over to my left, and James was already awake handling business calls from the kitchen. I stretched out my limbs to take up the whole bed. I am going to get used to waking up here. I look down and see I'm in his shirt again. How many undershirts does he own? 

This one was navy blue with a v cut neckline; it is just as soft as the other ones. I wonder how much he spent on these. I know this material isn't cheap. The room was peacefully quiet, unlike the other times I've been in here. I could smell the coffee being brewed. The smell of creme brulee pulls me out of bed toward the kitchen; I loved that the way his apartment carries smells all over. He never needed to light a candle; he could just make coffee to create a scent. 

James is sitting at the island on his laptop; he is so focused he doesn't see me studying him. His bright blue eyes were searching the screen for something. His face didn't seem too thrilled to be working this morning; he rolled his head back and forth from looking at the screen for too long. James ran his fingers through his hair, then tussling it back into place. His blonde hair was darker than usual; it must be from the lack of sun. 

I make my way to the kitchen walking behind him. I stand up in my tiptoes, wrapping my arms around his neck, I place a small kiss below his ear. He hummed in response to my kiss. This is a dangerous spot to kiss, but it was the only place I could reach from behind him.

"Good morning, babe." James kissed arms.

"Good morning. I could smell you made coffee." I pulled away and made my way to the coffee maker. 

"Yeah, I got a new blend and wanted to try it out with you. Oh, God, I sound like a coffee snob." 

I let out an ugly laugh, "You actually do." 

"Can you pour me a cup too. I need to finish this email; then, I'm yours for the rest of the weekend." He stretched his hands behind his head.

I watch as his muscles flex with every movement.

"How often do you go to the gym?" I casually ask him. 

"I go before I head to work during the week." 

"You go for five days a week?" I grab the cups down and go for the creamer.

"Yeah, it keeps me focused during the week. You, on the other hand, keep me focused during the weekend." I look back at him over my shoulder to see his face. James had a suggestive look raising his eyebrow at me. "Or you could invite me to those little stunt sessions of yours during the week. I'd be more than happy to come and join you, baby." 

"I told you that wouldn't happen, but I'll think about it." I hand him his cup of coffee. "Don't worry, it's black, just like you like it." 

"You know me so well. Anyways you should probably start getting ready or prepping for tonight. Rick's wife takes all day to get ready, I guess. He bitches about it every time." 

"I may take a bath to relax before tonight. My nerves are all over the place. I'm so nervous, Babe. I'm sweating just thinking about it." I couldn't hold it in anymore. "Like what if I don't fit in? What if something happens? My brain is going over nonsense what if's." I gulp my coffee down.

I look at James, who is staring at me intently, listening to me ramble. 

"I don't want to make a fool of myself. What if I fall? God, that would be fucking embarrassing." I continue to chug my coffee. I knew this was going to make my jitters even worse.