Planet 1: Earth

Here is my long awaited first planet. Split into three chapters bc it's super long. Please read the author's note at the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Darla told me about this place called Earth... They sound like they really need our help," Adora said to her friends.

"What's going on there?"

"People are starving, the planet is burning, a lot of the people are unhappy. It's a mess."

"You think we should go there first?" Glimmer asked.

Adora nodded. "I think She Ra's magic will at least help make it better, like it did for Etheria. If I expelled evil from Hordak, then I'm sure I can at least do something for them."

"I think that's a good idea," Bow said. "The people shouldn't be starving, they shouldn't be unhappy, and we should help them."

Adora set the coordinates for Earth and they waited for Darla to take them there.

--------------------------------------------

"And, one, two, three, BIG lift," The woman instructed while two other volunteers helped her lift a beam for a new house being built for Habitat for Humanity.

They put the beam where it was supposed to go and went to go get another beam.

"Think we should take a break?" the supervisor asked the other woman.

"Yeah, I can tell that Kyle's getting pretty tired," the other one commented.

"Alright, twenty-minute break!" the lead person, Olivia, announced. "Thank you for all the help."

"There is literally nothing I would rather do," she said, and she meant it. Volunteer work was unpaid, but to her, that was the best part... that meant that everybody else here also had motivation, and the motivation wasn't monetary. Tessa was doing this because she wanted to be a construction worker. Linda was doing this because she just retired and wanted something to do and thought that it would be worth her while to do some good while enjoying her retirement. Kyle was doing this because...well, no one was quite sure what Kyle's motivation was, but he wasn't doing it for money.

As for her motivation, right now during college, she found it was how she achieved fulfillment. Her other job was paid and she didn't feel it was important, as the things she did at that job didn't really help people in need, but rather it helped middle-class suburbans eat lunch meat and fried chicken. So she turned to Habitat for Humanity to feel good about herself and help those who really needed the help.

"We're making real progress," Linda said. "Do you think the family who moves in here will enjoy knitted sweaters?"

"Who wouldn't enjoy knitted sweaters?" Kennedy asked.

"Good point! I'll ask for their sizes," Linda said, heading towards Olivia.

Tessa looked up from her phone. "Another UFO sighting. It's near here this time. There has to be aliens out there, with how big the universe is..."

"Aliens," Kyle said, putting two hands parallel to each other, acting out the meme. Kennedy laughed.

Tara rolled her eyes. "You guys say I'm crazy now, but when Area 51 is exposed..."

"Aliens," Kennedy mimicked Kyle.

Tessa stuck her tongue out at the two friends, knowing they were just joking. They loved listening to her talk conspiracies.

Behind the house they were building, there was a lot of empty land that was recently given to Habitat for Humanity by a philanthropist. They were building the first house but hoped to make many more houses on this land.