chapter fourteen. [question and an oath]

it's crazy to think that we defeated it a month ago

it's crazy to think that we defeated it a month ago. it's always going to be imprinted in my mind. it's face will always be there.  always.

i get out of my bed and get dressed.

i put that outfit on and brush my hair

i put that outfit on and brush my hair. i go downstairs and see my mom making breakfast. she looks up at me.

"sweetie, where did you get all of those scratches and cuts?"

"we were in the woods yesterday. we were just looking around. i ran into thorns and they went pretty deep."

she nods her head. "okay. here. eat some breakfast."

i start to eat. "we're going to the creek today." 

"that sounds nice." she says.

i think about it. after all that we have gone through, it does sound nice. "yeah, mom. it does sound nice."

*time skip to after they eat*

i hear a knock on the front door.

"i'll get it, hun." my mom tells me.

i hear my mom speak.

"oh. hi stanley! are you here to pick ava up? and what the heck happened to your face, sweetheart?" she asks. 

i run to the door. stan is standing there and he has cloth wrapped around his face where the teeth marks were. it's actually quite comical.

"yeah, i am. it's just something that happened last month. right, ava?" he asks.

i nod my head. "we all freaked when it happened."

my mom nods. "okay." she exhales. "you two be careful. stanley, make sure you watch my little girl, okay?"

stan nods his head. "i will, mrs. lewis."

my mom smiles. "okay. run along. don't keep the others waiting."

i pull her into a hug. "bye. see ya later." i walk out of the doorway next to stan.

"bye, honey." she then shuts the door and we get our bikes.