chapter ten. [the projector]

on our way to bill's house, me and stan talk

"can you tell me about what it made you see?" i ask.

stan nods his head. "there's this one picture in my dad's office. it's of a lady. she's really ugly and scary. anyways, it fell so i put it back up. but, she wasn't in the picture anymore. i heard a door open and something fell behind me. i turned back around and she was there. she was just smiling with these sharp teeth. i ran out." he says.

"woah. that sounds more insane than what happened to me. and that's saying something." i say, laughing.

"i don't know who's is more insane." he says. we arrive at bill's driveway. we put our bikes down, all except for stan of course.

we go into bill's garage and help to set up the projector. me and stan sit down and wait for ben.

"so...are you guys dating or something?" richie asks to me and stan.

i just stare at him. "no! we aren't! so be quiet."

richie puts his hands up and goes over to eddie.

ben gets here, and bill puts the slide into the projector. i shut the lights off, and sit next to stan again.

the projector shows a map of the derry sewers.

bill points. "look. that's where g-g-georgie, arthur, an-and amara disappeared. there's the ironworks. and the black spot. everywhere it happens, it's all connected by the sewers. and they all meet up at the..."

"the well house." ben cuts in.

"isn't that the house on neibolt street?" stan asks.

"you mean that house where all the junkies and hobos like to sleep?" richie asks. eddie then pulls his inhaler out and takes a puff.

"i hate that place. i always feel like something's watching me." bev says.

"i don't like it, either." i say.

"that's where i saw it. that's where i saw the clown." eddie says.

"th-th-that's where it lives." bill says. eddie puffs his inhaler again.

"i can't ever imagine anything ever wanting to live there." stan says.

"can we stop talking about this?! i can barely breathe! this is summer! we're kids. i can barely breathe! i'm about to have an asthma attack! i'm not doing this!" eddie says and pulls the map down.

"what the heck?! put the map back!" bill says.

eddie shakes his head no. the projector starts to switch slides by itself.

"um. dudes. the projector's got a mind of it's own." i say.

it starts to pull up images of bill's family.

"what's happening?" ben asks.

"what's going on?" stan asks, sounding worried.

"i don't know." bill replies. mike walks to the projector and attempts to fix it.

the projector comes to a stop. it's a picture of bill's family. "georgie." bill whispers.

it zooms in quickly on georgie's face. it goes faster and faster and the picture moves to bill's mom. it's blowing her hair and it uncovers to show the face of the clown. he's creepily smiling.

we stand up out of our seats.

"what the frick?!" richie yells, grabbing onto eddie.

"it's it!" i shout.

"what the heck is that?!" richie shouts.

"i don't know!" eddie shouts.

i walk behind stan and i grab his hand, to try to pull him back. the slides start moving faster.

"turn it off!" beverly yells. "turn it off!"

mike kicks the projector earlier, and it shows nothing.

click.

it's a blurry picture of the clown.

click.

it's still there.

click.

it's still there again.

click.

it shows nothing.

we all just wait for something to happen. then, all of a sudden, it shows a terrifying version of the clown in front of us. we all yell. the lights go on and off and it turns to stan and i and we run over to the other losers.

it starts to crawl after us. all of the boys have fallen down. it backs me and bev up into a corner and it reaches toward us. we shriek and it's gone when the lights come on.

we look over at the guys and we go over to them. ben and mike raised the garage door. bev thanks ben and then she hugs bill. i grin at ben and mike. "thanks, dudes." they nod. i go over to stan and hug him.

"it saw us. it saw us and it knows where we are!" eddie says.

"it always did." bill says. he exits the garaage. "s-so let's go."

"go? go where?" ben asks.

"where do ya think he wants to go? he wants to go to neibolt." i say.

"that's where the twins and g-guh-georgie are." bill says.

"after that?" stan asks.

"yeah. it's summer. we should be outside." richie says.

i walk over next to bill. "if any of you dudes say that 'it's summer' one more time. we're just so tired of hearing it! come on bill. let's go." i say. me and bill start to pedal away.

"ava! bill! wait!" i hear stan and beverly yell.

bill and i just ignore them and start to go to neibolt street.

- stan's pov - 

i just watch bill and ava leave.

"we have to go after them." beverly says.

"i totally agree." i say.

"then what are we waiting for?" bev asks.

we start to go after them.

'don't be in that house when we get there, ava. please.' i think to myself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

a/n: thanks once again for reading this story. let me know what you think! it really helps.

also, i apologize for not updating yesterday. i actually fell and did something to my knee. i am probably going to the doctor for it tomorrow. it's really swollen and i can barely walk on it :( so, i'm sorry about that.

anyways, comment your favorite tv show/movie character! i actually can't choose mine lol. close win between mike wheeler, will byers, eddie kaspbrak, richie tozier, stanley uris, and stanley barber lol. help hahah.

s e e  y o u   l a t e r  !