chapter twelve. [bev is missing and the bar mitzvah]

it is currently nighttime and i'm trying to go to sleep but i just can't

it is currently nighttime and i'm trying to go to sleep but i just can't. i haven't left my house in the past few days. the losers club basically split since what happened. tomorrow i would have to leave for stan's bar mitzvah. i told him a long time ago that i would go. i haven't seen him since neibolt, and we live right next to each other.

i go downstairs for water. it sorta helps me to fall asleep. i get it and go back upstairs.

i take a sip and put it on my nightstand. it's next to the picture of me and my dad.

"i miss you, dad." i whisper and i fall asleep.

*time skip to morning*

 i yawn and get up.

i take out that outfit to put on later

i take out that outfit to put on later. i go downstairs and my mom is making breakfast.

"good morning, honey." she says toward me. she hasn't said something like that ever since the twins weren't missing.

"good morning." i say, yawning.

"did you stay up last night?" she asks and makes our plates.

i shrug my shoulders. "i just couldn't go to sleep."

she nods her head. "so, do you have the outfit for stanley's bar mitzvah picked out?"

i nod. "yep."

"what's wrong, sweetie?" she asks.

i shake my head. "mom, nothing is wrong. i'm just sleepy."

i can tell she doesn't believe me. "okay. eat some breakfast." she puts down the plate of food in front of me. 

"thank you." i say and i start to eat.

trust me, i want to go to stan's bar mitzvah. i'm just scared. 'what if stan despises me now? what if he doesn't want me to go?' i think to myself.

*time skip to after ava and her mom are eating*

my mom orders me to put my outfit on since it's almost time to leave. i get changed and i go back downstairs. my mom just stares at me, in awe. "you look so beautiful, honey. you always do."