Calling In Favours

~Afternoon~

Sojiro: "So you survived getting shot at, interrogated, and almost assassinated...just cus Akechi talked about pancakes?"

You: "Pretty much"

Sojiro looked at you in shocked disbelief for a moment before responding.

Sojiro: "I honestly can't tell if that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard...or the most impressive..."

Sae: "In any case, let us focus the attention again on Masayoshi Shido"

Ryuji: "He's our next target right?"

You: "Yeah...and I have a few additions I wanted to add to the plan"

Ryuji: "That's what I like to hear my man!"

Ryuji gave you a thumbs up and a big grin. After spending the majority of the afternoon explaining what had happened to allow your faked suicide to Sojiro and Sae, everyone had gathered together to talk what was coming next. The café was much more lively than usual, your whole group there, as well as Sae, Sojiro, and Kasumi.

Kasumi: "Are you sure I'm okay sitting in?"

Haru: "Absolutely, you're practically an honorary member at this point"

Kasumi: "Then...thank you very much"

Ann: "No need to be so formal"

You were standing in front of all your teammates, all of them ready and waiting to hear what you had planned.

You: "From what Futaba gathered, as well as everything Sojiro and Sae have mentioned, its safe to assume Masayoshi Shido is the mastermind behind this stuff. His involvement seems to date back to Wakaba's initial research into cognitive pscience, and he has the most to gain from framing us"

Futaba: "He's gonna pay for what he did to Mom! I won't forgive him!"

You: "With how we have things planned, with my grand reveal to the public, I want to try and tie up as many loose ends as I can. As usual I'll be leading the team to infiltrate and secure a route to Shido's treasure-"

Kasumi: "What about me? I want to help too"

You: "Kasumi-"

Kasumi: "I don't want to hear it! Whether I wish for it or not, I'm part of this now...so you'd better-"

You:: "Kasumi, being led by Morgana, will be handling our side operations in Mementos"

Kasumi unsurprisingly looked a bit shocked, with her having counted on the fact you would be unwilling to let her join in on your final job.

Yusuke: "Side operations?"

You: "There are still plenty of people the Phantom Thieves can help before we deal with Shido and make our big reveal. A small division of our team can handle Mementos requests and scouting, while the rest focus on dealing with Shido"

Makoto: "Are you sure it's wise dividing up our group at this point? Shido seems like our toughest opponent yet"

You: "Precisely one of the reasons splitting the group is beneficial. He has access to Wakaba's research, and can possibly affect his Palace in ways we haven't seen before. If he somehow has a way of detecting us in there, a smaller group will be harder to find during infiltration"