27

Excuse any mistakes

Janae Reese
Saint Louis, Westside|3:01 pm

"Nae he didn't mean what he said—"

"Ryan he did. He was completely sober in that room meaning he was in complete control but it's coo ian trippin." I said shrugging.

"Welp we both single." Mia said. "Permission to participate in the bald head hoe shit? Yes? Okay."

"So you really done with Twan?"

"Who?" She said acting like she can't hear.

"Girl, Twa—"

"Ian neva heard of that name a day in my life. Back to what I was saying. It's this Halloween bash coming up on Halloween."

"How you know?" I asked.

"Saw the flyer scrolling down my timeline." I nodded.

"Eh— y'all remember the last party."

"It's nun this that y'all I promise it's not." She said.

"Will you be coming as well Ry?" I asked her. She shrugged.

"I'm off of work then so it don't matter." She said which surprised us cause usually she wouldn't want to. "I'm surprised y'all wanna go."

"We ain't finna be just in the house sad ova no niggas who clearly ain't give two fucks." Mia said as her phone dinged. "That's his sorry ass now."

I shook my head seeing Santana calling me.

Ole boy would like to FaceTime...

I declined the fuck out of that shit. Then I got back on my phone till Ryan hopped up jumping and squealing.

"Girl what the fuck wrong with you?!" I said scrunching my face up.

"Y'all know that college I applied for? Well yea they emailed me back giving me the acceptance but I got the half scholarship! That's why I've been at work so much, so I would have more than enough." She said excited.

Me and Mia smiled from ear to ear. "Congratulations friend! I'm so proud." I said.

"Yesss you deserve this. I'm proud as well— wait, where is this college located?" Mia asked.

"...Atlanta." She said giving a small smile.

"That far?" I asked.

"I mean yes but this is a great opportunity and is one of the best colleges in that sta—"

"You don't gotta explain. No matter how many miles away you are we're proud." We all went in for a group hug. "So when do you go?"

"I go the beginning of next year so as they put it 'get the feel of everything.'" I nodded slowly.

Damn that soon— smile and nod.

...

Santana Johnson
Saint Louis, Westside