Comfort - Chapter 6

"Toga.
Oi, Toga.
Wake up."

Groaning, Toga slowly turned to her side and looked up at the dark figure.
"Who.."
Slowly gaining her sight, she recognized the person and immediately sat up on her bed.
"Dabi?! Wh-what are you doing here in my house??"

"Took you a while."
Dabi sighed and grabbed a chair then sat in front of Toga. He stared at her face, examining her eyes.

"Have you been crying all night? Your eyes seem pretty swelled up."
"How did you get my address?"
"I asked the teacher."
"Why?"
"You disappeared after school yesterday so I thought you probably got kidnapped."
"Kidnapped? There's no way-"
"Yeah, unfortunately."
"..."
"Tomura and I got worried, a little bit. That's why. Now stop with the questions and go wash your depressing face."

Dabi left his chair and headed for the kitchen with a bag of what seemed like groceries in his hand.
Toga watched him, still slightly dumbfounded, then got up and did as she was told.

"Dabi! I'll take a bath as well!"
"Don't yell, your apartment isn't that big.
And I don't need to know that."

Entering the bath tub, Toga sat down and sighed in relief. No one other than Yuno or Esdeath had visited her before, and even they didn't come by as much anymore.
I wonder if they're still happy with their lovers..
She refused to think about it any further and let herself slowly sink into the hot water as her body started to feel relaxed.

A couple of minutes later, Toga came out of the bathroom with her hair dripping wet and a towel wrapped around her figure. Curious as to what Dabi was doing or if he had left already, she immediately headed for the kitchen.
To her ultimate surprise, Dabi was cooking - in an apron.
On the kitchen table, there were three plates that each contained some scrambled eggs.

"Dabi."

Dabi turned around naturally to the call, but froze when he saw Toga in nothing but a towel. He didn't speak, neither show any sign of embarrassment despite how he was feeling internally. Toga also simply stared at him for a few seconds, until he made a 'Well?' look.

".. Nevermind, I have too many questions right now to ask."
Toga then went back into her bedroom.
Dabi stood there, completely forgetting about the food.
Then it hit him - Crap!

Toga returned slightly afterwards, in her plain, slightly oversized, yellow T-shirt and black shorts with her hair down. She stretched as she made her way to the kitchen and yawned.

"It's 11 am and you're still yawning?"
Dabi was taking off his apron after he had finished preparing breakfast.

"Well what time do you wake up on a Saturday?"
"5 am. And it's not only on Saturdays."

Confused yet impressed at the same time, Toga sat at the table. She excitedly looked around at the nicely prepared breakfast. Eggs and bacon, the usual Western-like morning meal with a cup of coffee on the side.
However, only she had a cup of milk instead.

Toga frowned.
"Why am I the only one with milk?"
"Well, do you like the bitter taste of coffee?"
"No, but-"

*Ding Dong*
The door bell rang, interrupting the pair's argument.
"Tomura?" Toga asked and Dabi nodded, while on his way to open the front door.
Tomura entered slowly, as he felt awkward being in a girl's apartment for the first time.

"I bought snacks.."

"Tomura!"
Toga greeted the shy male with an enthusiastic call, then gestured for him to join her at the table.

"This is pretty exciting, two people of the opposite gender in my apartment for the first time!"
"Normal people would find this suspicious."
"That's what makes it exciting!"

As the three of them finally settled down at the breakfast table, Dabi turned to Tomura.

"Why did you buy snacks? We're going out later anyways."
"Going out? Where to?" Toga asked before Tomura could respond.

"The Mall. I figured that's what most girls like."
Toga shook her head while gulping down her drink.
"I've actually never been to one so I wouldn't know."

Dabi and Tomura looked at each other.

"But if it's with you guys, I'd love to!
Though it's weird, two guys and a girl going shopping together.
It's like someone's gotta be the third wheel on a date."

Dabi sighed.
"You talk too much, eat up and go change. We're going immediately."

"Now it feels like two girls and one guy!"

--
(Hello, it's me! I'm just here to say that the story might progress quite slowly - the main ship, that is - and I hope it's bearable. Feel free to give suggestions on what you would like to see in the future chapters. Thank you!)