Chapter 02: Stay with me

He begrudgingly helped the Senju back into the chair and took a step back.

Promptly Tobirama clutched his heavy looking head in his hands when his elbows hit the tabletop. The ill man looked like he might even topple back out of the chair like a drunk person.

The clan head scowled in a little episode of out of place sympathy.

Normally the snowy asshole didn't even so much as flinch when he felt unwell or got hurt. Unlike a normal person would and should. He knew this first hand because he had the misfortune of going on one or two missions with him in the past.

Even Madara flinched or hissed when he got hurt. So the poor bastard must have been feeling real-

Wait, was that a low whine he just heard? He blinked.

Nah, impossible. He was sure he imagined it but still, he took another cursory look at him.

And to his surprise the white haired man was leaning bonelessly on his arms which was weird. Seeing as one of the things that bothered the Uchiha on a daily basis was that the demon normally looked like he had a metal pole stuck up his ass twenty-four seven.

So that was an unusual sight, indeed. It almost made him seem human.

He sighed again.

Madara didn't like the Senju heir but he was no monster and had some scrap of honour left somewhere in him. He was pretty sure that was the only reason, though, why he hadn't abandoned the guy and gone home to his well earned free afternoon yet.

Well, he had made up his mind about what he was going to do, hadn't he? No need to stall any further.

"Finish that tea. What documents need to be done today?" he groused loudly and Tobirama visibly flinched.

Okay, maybe he shouldn't be so loud when the other was in such obvious pain. He wasn't a monster. He just forgot. Honest.

When the younger man finally unclenched his hands from his face and pointed to a stack of papers, the Uchiha was seriously surprised.
Honestly, he was expecting much more resistance. Usually he was as stubborn as a mule, so unbending in his ways that he was horribly aggravating to deal with. It seemed that the apparent bout of illness and sleep deprivation or whatever the ice prince was suffering from made him mild and agreeable for once. Better not look a gift horse in the mouth, though, he guessed.

The older man hummed to himself as his eyes landed on the documents. That stack was pretty big. Seriously big. He suppressed a suffering groan while the Senju obediently emptied his tea and put the emptied cup back somewhere among the stacks of paper.

His precious free afternoon was damned to hell, wasn't it? Well, he better start soon and get this over with then. No need to waste more time.

He grabbed the unsigned form he previously brought and the document the man had been working on until now, put both on top of the pile and carefully lifted all of it off the desk while red eyes sluggishly followed his hands.

"Alright, we're going to my office where you're going to lie down on my bench to take a nap, no buts."

Tobirama had the gall to look perplexed.

"What?" he asked exasperated in return.

"There's no need to-" the albino mumbled roughly but started coughing again.

Madara shifted his weight from one leg to the other to better balance the stack of papers in his arms. Kami forbid if all of that paperwork slipped from his grasp. He lifted his gaze back to the younger man.