Chapter 3

Katniss POV

People say that time goes slower when you constantly look at the clock. I've always ignored it. Now I know why. Every time you look at the clock, it goes by a few seconds. I've been doing that for the past 5 minutes, wanting to get out out of this boring class ever so desperately. Every time I look at the clock, it has gone by 1 minute every time, making the time in this stupid class go very slow.

The one thing that I think of at the moment is why they put me in a boring class towards the end of the day when everyone's excited to go home. In case if you guys were wondering what class this is, it is World Geography.

I hear the teacher ask a question as I absentmindedly glance my head, yet again, towards the clock. As soon as I turn back, the teacher calls my name to answer the question. I think that the question was "What is the location that I am pointing to?"

"Miss Everdeen, what is this location?" the teacher asks. He points at a location that everyone knows where it is. I quickly answer, "Is it Hawaii?"

"It is. Good job, Miss Everdeen," he says then turns back to what he was doing on the board.

This is the last time I glance at the clock. It says 2:59. 1 more minute! I think to myself. As soon as I turn back around, the bell rings and I see people making a beeline for the door. I join along and run out towards the exit along with the other ecstatic students that are glad that the first day of school is finally over.

I run to my car and head home. I walk upstairs towards my room and throw my stuff on the floor. I flop down on my bed and watch TV. I look at the clock. It was only 3:15 when I got home. I don't have to be over at Glimmer's for another 2 hours and 45 minutes.

I find myself watching TV for 2 hours. Looking at the clock, I have to be over at Glimmer's in 45 minutes. I get off my bed and find a bag to put all of my overnight stuff in. I pack up my stuff put the bag in my car. Before leaving, I leave a note for mom and Prim so they won't get worried.

-------time flash-------

I finally arrived. It's already 5:40. I walk in the door. They'll know it's me. "Hey you made it!" Annie said.

"Here I am!" I say with a weird voice.

Within an hour, the rest of the group showed up. The majority of them were already here, but just a few had shown up at the last minute.

---------time flash(again)---------

"Let's play truth or dare!" Finnick says. Everytime that we get together, we always play this game. It's not like it's bad or anything, it just gets weird after a few games. Let's just say that this is going to be interesting.

Finnick then grabs an empty bottle from the kitchen and sets it in the middle of all of us. He spins the bottle and it lands on Cato.

"Truth or Dare?"

"Umm.....dare."

"I dare you to stick ice in your pants and leave them there until the game is over." Cato's eyes look like they're about to pop out of his head. The rest of the group starts laughing their heads off and I could've sworn that Cato gave Finnick a death glare.

He sat down and all of us could tell that he was extremely uncomfortable. "D-d-darn y-y-you, Od-dair."

Finnick looks like he's innocent. "Don't blame me. You picked dare."

He sulked down in defeat, knowing what Finnick had said was right.

He spun the bottle, the bottle spinning many times before landing on me. Crap.

"Truth or Dare, Kitty?" Kitty or Kat has been the group's nickname for me. It was annoying at first, and then I started to get used to it.

"Truth," I say.

"Who in this room do you have a crush on?"

I freeze up. I know who I have a crush on, but I just can't say it. The weird thing is that I'm sitting next to him.

I feel the gaze of the other people surrounding me. The pressure is getting heavier by the minute. I could tell by the looks on the other peoples faces that they were getting impatient. "Well?"

Their eyes stare intently at me. Feels like they're gazing into my soul. It comes to the point where I can't take it anymore. "I-I I can't." With that I walk out of the room.

I hear footsteps walking towards me. "I don't want to talk to anybody." I sulk.

"Not even me?" I turn around towards the voice. The person was Peeta.

"Oh hey."

"You ok?" he asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"You don't seem like it. You just walked out of the room. Why?"

"I didn't want to risk being embarrassed in front of everyone," I say timidly.

"Why would you be embarrassed? They're your friends."

"I know."

Silence lingered in the air. It was starting to get kind of awkward. I had to break it somehow. "It was you," I blurt out.

"What was me?" he asks, curiously.

"They asked me who I had a crush on that was in that room. It was you," I say.

"Why didn't you say it then?"

"I just didn't want anyone to make a big deal about it. Besides, I thought it would weird you out."

"It wouldn't weird me out. I would think it would be kind of cute."

I suddenly came up with an idea. "I have an idea. Maybe we should play our own game of 'truth or dare'," I say.

"That sounds like a great idea," he agrees.

Peeta asks me first. "Truth or dare?"

"Uhh...dare.

"I dare you to kiss me."

His body moves closer to mine. I could hear the sound of my own pounding heartbeat. I swear I never heard it beat this fast before. Then, his hands cupped both sides of my face. My heart is beating so fast, it feels it's going to burst out of my chest. We both lean in and our lips connect. I could feel the sparks light up the sky like a firework show. We pull away and both of our faces blush a shade of red.

"Your turn," he says.

"Truth or dare?" I ask.

"Um, dare."

"I dare you to ask me the biggest thing that's on your mind."

He thinks over the question in his head. "Katniss Everdeen, will you do me the honor of being my girlfriend?"

I don't have to think about this one at all. "Yes," I say with a huge smile on my face. The expression on his face mimics mine. We kiss again, but I can feel more sparks with this one.

We just had our first kiss as boyfriend and girlfriend.

This last part of the chapter is dedicated to @Ellie_croftx for suggesting this wonderful idea!