I stood there completely dumbfounded by what he had just said. But I was too tired to argue about his cocky behavior, so I just fell onto the opposite couch, my shirt riding up my stomach as I hitched my legs over the back of the couch. Marco's gaze drifted up to stare at my skin under my shirt and I saw him purse his lips slightly, "Do your burns hurt?"

Surprised, I looked down and saw that the patch of skin peeking out from under my shirt was in fact burned from the explosion earlier today. But as he had earlier, I shrugged and mimicked his voice "No I'm fine. They don't hurt that much anymore."

A smirk tugged at his lips, "Would you look at that, a princess with humor."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm going to take a bath."

Marco nodded, "I'll join you."

"Ha, fat chance." I laughed, getting to my feet and walking from the room. But to my horror...

...Marco was following me. I stopped, placing my hand flat on his chest, "I mean it Marco. You are not taking a bath with me."

"Yet." He winked, his hand reaching up to cover mine which was placed over his bare chest. But when I ripped my hand away from his he only rolled his eyes, "I have to at least walk you to the bathroom. Haven't you been listening to me, you're not leaving my sight until we figure out who wants to kill you."

"That's ridiculous." I began, prepared for a full on defense.

But he only clasped a hand over my mouth, silencing any further argument, "I won't sit in the bathroom with you, I'll just wait outside until you're done. Unless you ask otherwise princess."

I snorted from under his hand and jerked my face away from his hand, "The day I 'ask you otherwise' will be the day hell freezes over. So feel free to sit outside but if I see the door open so much as a crack I swear I'll beat your ass."

"I should be so lucky." Marco purred back, stepping closer to me again.

But this time I pushed away from him and retreated up the steps. Of course I heard Marco trailing after me but I slammed my bedroom door shut before Marco could make it through. He didn't take kindly to the fact that my door was now locked with each of us on either sides of the wood as he called out, "Oh princess. Let me in."

"Not by the hairs on my chinny, chin, chin." I responded, quoting the classic child's nursery rhyme.

Marco laughed from out in the hall before answering, "Then I'll huff, and I'll puff..." Suddenly the door burst open as Marco kicked it in, "...and I'll blow your door down."

"If you broke my door, you're paying for the damages." I informed him heatedly, continuing to grab my clothes out of the drawer.

Marco only laughed, "Yeah me and the huge fortune I have backed behind me."

I sighed, staring at my door which now hung slightly crooked on it's hinges, "Don't worry about it. I'm sure if my dad ever comes home he'll realize it's broken. Maybe."

Marco's smile faded and he fell backwards only my bed, bouncing on the mattress, "Still haven't heard from him?"

I shrugged, sitting down on the bed next to him. He didn't move, his arms still thrown out to the sides as if he were guarding not only me but my bed as well. I tried to act as though I didn't care, "I tried calling his office but all I got was his receptionist, Henry. He said that my dad was there, but he was neck deep in some serious issues with a possible client and couldn't be bothered. Guess that's what I've been deemed at the office, a bother."

Marco chuckled from where he was laying on my bed, "Yeah you're pretty bothersome."

I glared down at him, "This is the part where you tell me that I'm not a bother and I have more potential than just being a hassle."