xiii. THE JB EXPERIENCE

"ARIA!" the blond caught up with her in the busy hallway, "Hey."

"Hi." she replied quietly, looking down.

"So, I wanted to confirm out date on Friday at Color Me Mine." he told her, the corner of his lips turning upwards.

"Date?" her eyes widened for a millisecond.

"Our play date, duh. 'Hanging out at Color Me Mine' sounds boring." he chuckled awkwardly, noticing her demeanour.

"Oh, I-I, uh, forget about that honestly." she replied, dragging her eyes to her shoes once more. She didn't. She didn't forget.

"It's paintin' coasters time." Sam grinned at the girl.

Getting no reply from the other, Sam continued, "So...we good for Friday?"

"Yeah...I think so. I mean, I don't think I have anything else to do." she answered, looking like she'd want to run away from him at any moment.

"Cool."

Doing her a favor, Sam turned the other way and began walking down the long halls of McKinley.

He could tell something was off with her. Everyone told her it was because of what happened a few weeks ago, during Christmas, but Sam knew there was more to her behaviour.

•••

Sam went to the first person he could think of who could help him with Aria. Kurt was still at Dalton and Finn was sort of a loose spot since their fight a few weeks ago. Bellamy was the last man standing.

He needed to salvage whatever he could in order to save his relationship with Aria. He wasn't sure if Bellamy was the right person to ask, but he needed to try.

"I'm losing her." Sam told him as they sat together in the courtyard, "I feel it."

"She barely makes an effort to hang out, let alone talk to me." he continued, "We were fine recently, but something just shifted."

"Like a werewolf."

Sam stared at Bellamy with a poker face.

"Sorry. I mean, you guys have kinda been rocky ever since Christmas." Bellamy pointed out, glancing at Sam.

"No, no, I know. But—" he paused for a moment, thinking of the proper words, "It's, like, ever since Valentine's day, she's been...distant. More distant.

"What did you do to her, Sam?" Bellamy frowned.

"Nothing! I swear, I've been trying to be as lowkey as possible." he sighed, "It's obviously not working."

"She's a teenage girl, Sam. She has mood swings." Bellamy shrugged, Sam taking note of his words in his mind, "You probably have bad timing."

"I guess I do."

"But," he continued, "She's a teenage girl."

Sam raised a brow questioningly.

"You know what teenage girls love?" Bellamy said, intriguing Sam, "Justin Bieber."

•••

When Mr. Schuester has brought Coach Sylvester along with him to Glee Club, Aria was beyond confused and frankly, a bit scared.

Not only that, but Sam sitting in the back of the room in a purple hoodie and new hairstyle was honestly freaking her out a bit as well. He didn't even bother to greet her, which was very unlike Sam. To be honest, she kind of needed some Sam Evans serotonin.