Chapter 2: Dropping hints of the future for reassurance

Meme at the top is made by your dear writer lol

should I put curse warnings? just so peeps who are sensitive to it are warned. x3

Enjoy!

♤♤♤

You came back late and were about to announce your presence when a heavy atmosphere creeped towards you and settled ominously inside the house. It made you stop yourself from speaking and announcing your presence like usual, deeming you mute to the choke like grip of the dark feeling, you slowly removed your shoes and went to the rack to place it. The inside of the house was silent as you entered with your house sleepers. You glance at the door towards yours and Izuku's room, the heavy feeling a while ago is more obvious and makes your stomach churn. You bite your lips and remove your gaze at the door, proceeding towards the living room and putting your bag on the couch. You can hear something sizzle and look towards the kitchen.

"Mom?" You called out to her. Inko flinched and she looked back at you inl surprise.

"Baby! You should announce that you're home! you startled me." She said as she chuckled. You smiled apologetically and rubbed your nape. The unease inside the house burning your back, as if wanting to make itself known to you. You lightly grip your hair then let it slide, you tried ignoring it but it is still there.

"I'm sorry." You said, Inko accepted it with a small smile and went back to her cooking. You can smell beef and that means you and your family are going to eat Izuku's favorite. Probably because of what happened on his check up.

But you can't ignore the ominous feeling that made you hard to breath. Your mother looked fine, as fine as she is as of this moment, as she concentrated on making the Katsudon. So, what is it? Your stomach starts hurting and you frown, should you face Izuku now? You hesitated, backing out and cowardly putting it aside, it's not you don't want to face Izuku right now, it's just, what if you change the scene? What will happen if you mess with the plot point of Izuku's story?

Thinking like that, it makes you like an NPC, alright, an audience to the grand story that will be unfolding right before your eyes. You are truly a kind and a considerate fan, but a cruel brother at that. You are his big brother, the one that he looked up to, so should you be comforting your little brother?

You flinch at your thoughts.

You went to the kitchen and placed the cake inside the refrigerator, grabbed a cold pitcher inside to refresh your mind. You put some water on a cup and gulp it down, cringing at the cold. You sighed loudly as you placed the glass gently and put it back in the refrigerator. Inko stops chopping a couple of garlic teeths and puts it aside for her to fry and put on your bowl since you like your katsudon with lots of fried garlic atop. You were very grateful that she knows the little things her sons like to do, Inko is just an awesome mother. She gently puts down the knife and faces you with a tired smile.

"Ikuya," She trailed, hesitating a little while you were silent and wair for her. She hugged her arms and sighs. "The test says that Izuku is quirkless..." She whispered, holding herself from a sob that might come. You bit your lips, hands falling on your side.

"Is that so..." You whispered, unable to come up a word. Inko had a sad frown, her forehead wrinkling as she worried for both of her sons. She bit her tongue, her sons are quirkless, it's her fault, all of it is her fault. They expect to have a quirk to fit into the society that has changed over hundred years. She is such a bad mother.