"You feel him?"

I nodded frantically, and waited when I felt I felt another abrupt kick to my palm. 

"Jesus, he's really moving. It doesn't hurt?" It had to hurt, at least the second did felt like a hard one.

He shrugged. "Not really, but it's gonna definitely keep my awake at night." 

I chuckled and embraced him, a sense of joy washing over me as I smothered kisses all over his neck and face.

"Jason?"

I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw Riley coming towards me with a bowl of sliced apples. I beckoned him over to sit on my lap by tapping it and his face flushed a bright red.

"I'm too heavy." He said but still waddled carefully over to me, placing himself sideways on my lap.

"You okay?" He asked, his small fingers combing through my hair, it made my skin tingle.

I closed my eyes at the sensation"Yeah I'm okay. Why?"

"You seemed deep in thought."

I opened my eyes and raised my hands to place it on his large belly. "I'm just excited. Can't wait to get him out of here.."

He grinned. "Me too." He picked up an apple. "Want one?" 

I opened my mouth as an answer and he smiled, popping it in. While I chewed, he continued to pet my hair, running through the rarely tangeled strands.

"How's the case doing. Any news about it?"

I shook my head. "Not really, but my lawyer says I have a definite chance of not getting indicted for murder. It was self-defense. We already picked our jury and my lawyer is betting that they are on our side. Especially because you're pregnant, they'll have no choice."

Riley hummed. "That's good. Really good actually. What about the other thing?"

I exhaled, playing with his delicate fingers. " haven't heard anything yet. I thinking to go to the police just to make sure they know I had no business in the affairs of what happened with my father but that would mean putting him on the spot which would affect my mother because I told her I wouldn't." Although, either way somebody would get hurt either the family I'd created or the family I was born with. 

Riley frowned and hesitated on his next words. "Jason, I hate to say this but... I think you should go to the police. There's no way to get around it, either way they will find out your father did it. It's just the matter of timing, whether they'll figure it out sooner or later or you tell them first and get yourself out of trouble. Maybe they'll even let you keep your business."

I paused, because everything he said was right. It was all a matter of timing but I hated to o this to my mother. It would seem as if I betrayed her. "Yeah, maybe you're right."

"I am right."

I smiled. "Yeah you are, babe. But I'll have to speak to my mother first, tell her before I tell any police."

**

The next day, I gathered up the courage to finally call my mother and invite her to lunch. It was a small Thai restaurant that I've taken Riley to before. The minute I stepped into the place, the smell of food wafted through my nose as I looked around for my mother.

I soon spotted her blonde head, sitting at a small table to the left of the restaurant. I walked over to the table, maneuvering myself around the seats.