Chapter 18- The Man Safe From Danger

Start from the beginning

“We’re still at the safe house.” Clint was blown over backwards; he let out a heavy breath, as he walked around awestruck. He pulled away his black tinted glasses and looked at me.

“Where in the safe house are we?” I sighed and looked around me. Then back to Clint who was so utter confused he probably would still find it hard to expect where we are if I told him.

“Where in the ether, also know Neverland, or the no place. It’s a place where few people have the power to control and manipulate it; it’s a place between reality and my own mind.” I looked at Bruce who hand his index finger on his chin, and then looked at me.

“How did we get here?” I walked up to him and changed the view around us. We were hovering above the burning Manhattan skyline.

“I entered your minds and brought you here.” Suddenly Natasha spoke sternly.

“Why are we here Liberty?” I sighed and watched as the emergency services navigated though the broken and blocked streets of Manhattan in order to save people.

“Because I know you have questions about what happened in Japan, but also right now you three are completely unconscious so I did it to stop Bruce from killing you.” I looked away from her and raised a flat palm to bring up a hall of windows varying in size, each holding a different memory.

“The only reason I stopped Bruce form killing you, was because I didn’t want him to get any blood on his hands.” I said while facing my own history, and glimpses of my future.

“I know Liberty.” I looked at her as she held that guilt ridden expression worn by so many who are saved, so others can be saved.

“Take me to Japan.” I shouted causing six different windows to come forward and circle us. Each acted as a screen into my past, each showed the days I spent collecting leads only to be disappointed, to finally face Baron Von Strucker, only to die. I flinched as the sound of a gunshot surrounded us. I watched as my body slumped onto the carpet beneath my body. I saw tears drip off quickly from Bruce’s jaw bone as he stood there and watched me die. Blood seeped from me but quickly began to vanish in silver and bronze haze, as Hydra began to drag me away from the scene of my death.

I looked over to Natasha to see something I never expected. Tears slowly trailed down her pale skin as she watched.

The vision changed to where I saw strapped to a table; there were no voices just screams from me, as they took samples of my skin, hair and blood without a single word. Scalpels carved into my skin, opening my body up to internal inspection.

 I twisted and flinched away from the cutting blade but it only made the incisions bloodier and ragged. I had to look away as my vision became spotted as my blood poured from me in torrents and they didn’t even bat an eyelash. I looked down to the bottom of the table to see Baron Von Strucker watched behind a glass window, looking down on my agony. He knew I couldn’t die and he was exploiting that fact. I tears pricked my eyes as I watch more black consume my vision as more blood was spilled. I didn’t want to see anymore.

I looked at Clint to see him looking away from the screen; his eyes were blood shot and filled with tears. I didn’t want to because anyone pain but it was the only way to show them what I went through. I pulled away the screens, and pulled the ether back to the nebulas and stars I felt safe in. Natasha visibly shook herself as she wiped away her stray tears.

“I’m sorry.” I said quietly as I pushed each of them out of my own separate reality where nightmare’s and dreams both lived, but the nightmares always outweighed the dreams. I stayed there for a few seconds and allowed my mind to gain composure, as those horrors still filled my vision. I pulled away from my own mind and entered reality.