Chapter Forty-One

Magsimula sa umpisa

-=-

Cassey’s POV

2 Days Earlier

“Ano bang sasabihin mo, Ivo?” tanong ko nang makalabas kaming hospital. Pero imbes na sagutin ako naglakad siya at sinunod ko naman. Umupo siya sa may bench. Tahimik lang siya habang pinag-cross ang braso.

“Do you really love Kent?” he asked.

“Of course!” walang kagatol-gatol kong sabi. He must be tripping me. bringing me here juts to asked that?

“I love her, too.” He said tapos tumingin sa kawalan.

“It’s obvious,” I shrugged.

“But I learned to let go because she love someone else.” His voice sounds bitter kaya napatingin na ako sakanya.

“Why are you telling me these? It’s not like I care about your—“

“You should care! Theyn is hurting because of you. I thought if I let her go and let her be with her true love she would be happy. But because of you… because of what you’ve done—“

“Wait! How come I get involve in this?! Care to explain how did I be the reason for her broken heart? I didn’t even know her love interest!” Ivo is such a jerk! How can he blame me? I’m innocent for crying out loud!

“Yes you do! You know him very well.” Humarap siya sa akin at tinitigan ako ng maigi. I was trying to recalls all the guys that is head over heels to me. Baka isa sa may gusto sa akin na rejected ko ang natipuhan ng babaeng ‘yon!

“Isipin mong mabuti, Cassey.” He said like I was in a sort of answering a puzzle. A very ridiculous puzzle.

Natawa na lang ako habang iniisip ko kung sino. It could be Alec. It was just yesterday when he begs me to accept his flowers. Sabi niya iniwan niya ang girlfriend niya para sa akin. Nah! Alec has a very good taste. Kaya nga siya patay na patay sa akin, eh! There is no way in hell na papatusin niya si Theyn.

How about Mario? Puwede! He once dated his secretary but his parents were mata-pobre kaya naghiwalay sila. Well, Mario is my ex-boyfriend. He’s such a skeez that’s why I broke up with him!

Maybe si William? No! Too handsome para magkagusto kay Theyn! Ivan? He was my first boyfriend and I don’t think he will cheat to his wife Lena just for Theyn! Sino pa nga ba? Ang dami nila, eh! Gano’n ako kaganda para kabaliwan nila.

“Ugh! Why can’t you just spill the bean and tell me!” I said impatient. Bakit ko ba pinag-aaksiyahan ang love life ni Theyn?!

“Just drop some names. Come on.” Sabi niya pa. I wanted to slap Ivo and strangle him but god knows what will happen to me kapag ginawa ko ‘yon. Baka maging instant refreshment ako!

“Alec, Mario, William, Ivan, Clark, Josh, Dino, uhh sino pa…” I put my hand on my chin at nag-isip pa. Kasi bakit ko kailangan mag-ungkat ng past!

“None of the above.”

“Ano?! Tsk. Alangan namang si Kent! You couldn’t possibly—“ natigilan ako sa naisip ko. I slowly looked Ivo in the eye para tingnan ang reaction niya. He was silent.

“Kent and Theyn are in a relationship, Cassey.” He said that as if there are bombs drop by the North Koreans in front of me. Parang malakas na tambol sa tenga ko at paulit-ulit na naririnig ko ang huling sinabi ni Ivo.

“W-what did you say?” parang nanghihina ang buo kong katawan. Gusto kong bawiin niya ang sinabi niya.

“Matagal nang may relasyon si Theyn at Kent. 4 months? 5 months? I’m not really counting because I’m not that pathetic. Kent is aware of your obsession to him so he didn’t bother telling you the truth because he thought that you’re silently threatening him with his secret. The accident happened that lead you to the hospital is a decision that Theyn solely planned without the permission of Kent. She hurt you kasi nagseselos na siya ng sobra sa’yo.”