"That would be nice", Aaliyah said as Jay pulled up.

"There's your brother.. and your boyfriend", Kevin said.

Aaliyah looked back at saw Dre getting out the car.

"Oh boy", she said.

Dre walked over and looked at Kevin.

"Dre what are you doing out here? You're supposed to be on house arrest", she said.

Dre ignored Aaliyah and took her bag and continued to mean mug Kevin. "Get in the car", he said.

"Dre-"

Dre cut her off. "Car", he said.

Kevin smirked. "Yet you rather have somebody like that", he said to Aaliyah.

"Kev", Aaliyah said

"Bitch fuck you", Dre said. "I was going to say I appreciate you helping my girl out but you got me fucked up"

Aaliyah grabbed Dre's arm. "Please stop", she whispered.

Dre looked at her then back at Kevin. "Bitch", he said before he walked away with Aaliyah.

Aaliyah looked back at Kevin and he waved. Then she looked forward.

"You gotta stop with the jealousy. Yea he shouldn't have said that but Dre you gotta stop", Aaliyah said. "You've been showing out even before we got together"

"I'm sorry", he said as he opened the door for her. "Just been frustrated this month that's all"

"Just please don't do it anymore. I can handle myself", she said.

"Okay", he said.

Aaliyah got into the car and Dre shut the door and looked back at Kevin. Kevin was looking their way and stuck his middle finger up at Dre.

"Boy you know I ain't with that talking shit. Meet me in the shits, you know I'm really bout that shit", Dre said as he opened the car door.

"Vice versa", Kevin said.

Dre got into the car and shut the door.

"How are you even here right now?", Aaliyah asked.

"I got my ways", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked at Jay.

Jay saw her look at him through his rear view mirror and shrugged his shoulders. "I don't know", he said as he started driving. "We just wanna know how Killa let you go"

"Kevin didn't tell you?", Aaliyah asked.

"Tell me what?", Jay asked.

"...Kevin told Killa about me and him", she said. "Killa let me go because I was a friend of Kevin's"

"Well why didn't he say that from the get go?", Jay asked

"What do you mean you and him??", Dre asked.

"Dre please", Aaliyah said. "Not today. I just got back home"

"I'm just saying. That nigga knew he could've been did that shit", Dre said. "Probably was up to something"

"He didn't think it would work Dre", Aaliyah said.

"Fuck that. He knew what he was doing", Dre said. "That nigga ain't dumb"

"Since you got that mouth today, why in the fuck did you send my brother to go talk to him?? And how did you even know who he was??", Aaliyah asked.

"You said he sold drugs. I saw kev on your phone. I put two and two together", he said. "I know all the drug dealers in the city"

Aaliyah shook her head. "I should've known that", she said.

"Why you say that?", Dre asked.

"Because he talked about you as if he's been around you", Aaliyah said.

"See he probably didn't say shit to Killa this whole time because he wanted to put shit in your head about me. Nigga been plottin' the whole time", Dre said.

"Who said it was bad things?", she asked.

"I know it was bad things because we never fucked with each other", he said.

Aaliyah was quiet.

"He was one of keem's friends", Jay added.

"...oh", Aaliyah said.

"Better hope he ain't one of the people who killed my mama. I'll fuck his ass up", Dre said.

"Kevin wouldn't do that", Aaliyah said.

"I'm just saying", Dre said.

Aaliyah looked down.

"Just let him know that just because he did all this shit for you, don't mean y'all friends. No calling you, no texting you, none of that", he said.

"Dre, I already told him that", Aaliyah said.

"...how was your flight", Dre asked as he calmed down and changed the subject.

Aaliyah sighed. "It was good. I mean I thought our greeting would be better but it was good", she said.

Dre nods. "Anybody give you a hard time up there?", he asked.

"Other than Killa, no", Aaliyah said as she looked out the window.

Dre looked back at her and saw her facial expression. She looked sad. He stopped looking at her and faced forward and looked down. He felt bad about the whole situation. He was angry at hisself and then the fact that her ex was the only person to help her in a situation that Dre couldn't do anything about for the first time, made him feel even more angry and like less of a man.

TO BE CONTINUED...