She looked in the mirror and couldn't help the disgusted look from appearing on her face. It was just such a contrast to what she was wearing not even half an hour ago. She mournfully looked at her black ripped jeans, black muscle shirt, dark brown leather jacket and black dragon hyde boots. She already felt as though she was leaving a part of her identity behind by simply not wearing them, and in a way, she was right.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''

After arriving at Hogwarts Jennifer was left alone by her parents, knowing that she wouldn't see them again until they left for home once more. This left her with 7 entire days of free time.

Not wasting any time, she immediately set course towards the RoR, hoping to get some hours of non-interrupted dueling time.

Once in the room she quickly changed her clothing back to what she was wearing that morning. After stretching she set to work.

The dueling dummy the room provided would be set to just above her skill level as to let her always have an opponent that was slightly better as her.

Most times she was the one that ended up getting disarmed, but there were times where she would win.

After just over three hours of dueling she switched to her sword training, hoping to get some of her frustrations out of her system. There was something therapeutic to slashing at a wooden figure with a –very sharp- sword. Currently she was working on a slash that would allow her to take her opponents head off, but she was having a little trouble with it because she couldn't put a lot of strength behind the slashes just yet.

A bit disappointed at her small failure she had the RoR change into the room filled with other students treasures. There was something specific she had been looking for, for a long time now. The problem was that the item was quite expensive, and she had spent all her money on the parts to make gloves with. Besides, this would just add to her rebellion to her parents.

Filled with hope she continued her search for the item.

''''''''''''''''''''

Six days.

It took her another six days to finally find the item. Or rather the parts of one. A magical tool that was used to make magical tattoos with, such as moving or color-changing ones.

What Jennifer wanted to do was make something called an apprentice band.

She had read about the apprentice band in a very old tomb in the Hogwarts library three visits to Hogwarts ago. The band would wrap around her wand arm -thus her right arm- and all magical fields she was training in would appear on it. Each skill would take the appearance of a flower bud, and the more the skill was developed within the person carrying it, the more it would turn into a flower. Ever since reading about it she had wanted one. The band descended from before even the middle ages, and was used to show off the amount of masteries a person had. The band eventually fell out of habit for apprentices to have due to them only having one or two masteries at once, thus the band was no longer needed.

Excited Jennifer left the RoR and re-entered it so that it had shaped itself into a study. Placing the parts on a desk that had appeared she set to put the tool together. By the time she was finally done, it was already time for dinner, as her stomach reminded her. Deciding to eat first and then set to draw the outlines on her arm with special ink, Jennifer prepared herself to make the band.

It was a very complicated design, with a lot of runes on it. Luckily Jennifer had been practicing to draw and carve runes for over two years now, so it wasn't that bad. Add that to the fact she didn't have a hand of preference, she was able to make the outlines without much trouble.

Finally, at 10:30 PM she was ready to start the tool up and set to work on making the band.

It hurt to do, but finally, after five hours of intense concentration, the band was on her skin, or rather under it. The only thing left to do was to activate it and wait.

Once it was activated it would have to rest for four to five hours until anything would (visibly) happen. Exhausted, she went to bed and didn't awake until lunch time the next day.

Blurredly opening her eyes, Jennifer at first was confused as to why it was so light in her room, seeing as she usually woke up at sun rise, sat up. Seeing something black catching her eyes, she looked down only to be greeted with her right arm.

The apprentice band!

The band now has different colored buds on it, a few were half way to turning into flowers, three already completely in blossom, and a few others still in the first stages of buds.

The three flowers she recognized as an orange for ancient runes, the others a dull blue for history and a white one for astronomy.

The few half-way ones were a grass green for herbology, a dark blue for sword fighting, light yellow for charms, black for potions, blood red for knife throwing, white with red for acrobatics, yellow with a purple ring on the outside for defense and purple with yellow ring on the outside for offensive magics.

The mere buds were light blue for flying, light green for occlumency, a bright orange for ligillamancy and a blue-green one for transfiguration.

Her face broke into such a wide smile one could wonder how she managed it. It had worked! She was now an apprentice, but still without a master to teach her.

Right.

Like she needed a teacher. She did fine on her own.

Giving it one last look she casted a glamor over it, not wanting her parents to EVER find out about it. If they did, there would be hell to pay for her marking her 'perfect' skin.

But right now, she couldn't care less. For the first time in years, she felt like she could breathe again.