Chapter 21

A/n - I'm so sorry I haven't posted lately I was in Maine and then I just haven't had inspiration but then I watched the hunger games again and I'm feeling murderous so yeah. Enjoy.

"What happened?" I call out to the boys.

"Long story short," Marvel begins, "Cato was trying to hunt, I tried giving him some pointers, he threw a mud ball at me, then it was a full blown mud fight."

"Well, that explains a lot."

"Where's Clove?" Cato asks.

"In the tent. She fractured her rib."

"What? How?"

"When you pushed her to the ground she hit a rock."

Cato runs into the tent, leaving Marvel and I alone. I walk over and hug him.

"What's this for?" He asks.

"What, you don't like it?"

"I didn't say that." He states, wrapping his arms around my waist. "I'm just confused."

"I don't want to lose you."

"You won't."

"But there can only be one winner." I feel hot tears stinging my cheeks. Marvel pulls away slightly and brushes them away with his finger.

"I love you." He says.

"I love you too."

(A/n - Ok so death is coming😈😈😈 so just be prepared)

It only takes about a day for Clove's rib to heal thanks to the medicine her mentors sent. Then Cato actually says something smart.

"Whoever blew up our food must have had an ally who started the fires. Maybe they're still there."

"I'll go." Marvel volunteers.

"No." I say, standing up, "I don't want to loose you."

"You won't. I'm coming right back."

"But what if they kill you."

"They won't. We are the only ones who can use long range weapons that I know of, and even if they do get a hit on me, I'm tough. I'll be right back."

This consoles me slightly, but I'm still worried. "Then can someone go with you to keep watch."

"You don't think I can survive one fight? Listen to me Hero," he puts his hands on my shoulders, "they would've sent the faster, better fighter to get the food, and that didn't turn out well. Which leaves the weaker of the alliance to start the fires."

"Ok. But please come back."

He kisses me passionately. "I will."

Cato gathers three spears, and a backpack for Marvel. I hug my boyfriend one more time before he leaves.

"I'll see you soon." He calls back. Once he's gone, I fall to the ground and bury my face in my hands. Clove comes over and wraps her arms around me, whispering consoling words to me. I cry in her arms. I feel so vulnerable. Like someone could attack me at any moment. But I know if anyone tried Cato and Clove would protect me. They always have.

After a while we go into the tent. Clove cuddles up beside Cato, making me jealous.

"What if he doesn't come back? What am I going to do then?" I say.

"Don't worry." Cato replies. "I know Marvel. He's not going to die." I hope he's right.

I busy myself by poisoning some darts I found in one of the bags. I finish the last one when I hear the cannon.