Chapter 19

When I have enough energy to walk, I climb a tree next to a still unconscious Clove. When she wakes up, I'll be the first to know. After a half hour of sitting in the tree, she starts to stir.

"Cato." I call, "She's waking up." He runs over and kneels beside her. I can't make out entirely what happens, but it goes something like this.

"Hey, Clover. How was your nap?"

"Good." She pauses, "Who saved me?"

Cato looks down, blushing, "I did."

"Why?"

"Because I love you. And I couldn't bear the thought of loosing you when I could have saved you." He strokes her cheek with his finger and helps her sit up.

"I still don't know why you didn't save Glimmer though. I thought she was your girlfriend."

"She was, but that was only so I could take my mind off things."

"Like what?"

"Like you."

Clove presses her lips against Cato's. I can't help but fangirl. The kiss is long overdue. They break apart as they hear Marvel come around the corner and, seeing Clove, he says, "Ah, the grizzly has awakened." He could have waited 5 more minutes.

"Marvel!" I scold from my tree. All eyes turn to me.

"How long have you been up there?" Cato hisses.

"Long enough to see that you two are the cutest couple ever."

"Wait what?" Marvel demands.

"Clove woke up, Cato told her he loves her, and she kissed him." I summarize.

"Finally. I was worried we would all die before you two actually got together."

"Wait, What happened to Glimmer?" Clove asks.

"What did happen to her?" Marvel repeats.

"Well, I was sick of her so I might have kicked her off when she wanted me to rescue her." I say cautiously.

"Wow, your first kill." Cato smirks. "I'm just glad you got rid of her."

"Ok first of all, she was not my first kill, second, I didn't kill her, and third," I pause, "your welcome." Marvel laughs. "Wait, where's lover boy?"

"He must still be at the tracker jacker nest." Cato replies, "Come on." We run back to the place we were attacked and see Peeta telling fire girl to run. Cato, in all his anger, grabs his sword and cuts lover boy on the leg, spilling blood everywhere. I try to calm him down, but he slashes my arm with the metal blade. Marvel runs over and wraps his arms around me. "If you want to hurt Hero, you have to kill me first."

Cato backs away at this saying that he didn't mean to hurt me. "I'm just so mad that she got away again."

Then the rain comes. The gamemakers aren't exactly subtle when it comes to weather. I'm shaking in the cold as we run back to camp. The thunder is ear-splitting. I can't imagine how Marvel is feeling. He said in the truth or dare game that he's terrified of it. It's my turn to comfort him. He falls to his knees and buries hid head in his hands. I wrap my arms around the curled up boy, telling him it's just noise, it won't do anything. He nestled his head in the crook of my neck and cries. I want to say, "Is the Marvel Sanford crying in my arms?" But I know that will only make him feel worse.

Once he stops, he picks his head up and looks into my eyes. Then the unthinkable happens, he kisses me. A few seconds later he pulls away saying, "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that. I know you probably don't like me that way but-" My lips collide with his. He kisses me back with the intensity of the past few days. We pull away after some time and I rest my forehead against his.

"What were you saying before I interrupted you?" I remark snidely.

"Well, I was going to complain about how you don't love me, but that backfired." I laugh and kiss him passionately.

"Ugh. Get a room you two." Cato teases.

"Oh, so you can make out with Glimmer, and then once she dies, kiss Clove, but I can't kiss Marvel?"

"No." He replies.

The rain stops abruptly an hour later. Probably just a ploy to kill one of the other tributes. Or maybe on of us. I'm guarding camp when I see Maverick walking around the cornucopia.

"Clove." I call, "Come here." I point to the boy and ask her if he's a threat.

"No. He doesn't look like he has a weapon. Cato can just kill him."

"Ok." I say, trying to find the boys. They are sitting on the edge of the lake having an argument by the looks of it.

"Whatcha talkin about?" I say, putting my arms around Marvels neck from behind. (Not choking him)

"We're arguing over who has the better girlfriend." He replies.

"Girlfriend?" I say sarcastically. "When did this happen?"

"Oh, sorry, I thought you made that clear when you kissed me."

"So what do you need?" Cato asks.

"We need you to kill someone." Clove answers.

"I'll get my sword."

We sneak up behind the district 3 boy, but just before Cato brings his sword down, the boy turns around and says he can help us.

"How?" Cato inquires.

"I can reactivate the land mines." He replies.

"Spare him." Marvel says, "For now."

We head back to camp and get shovels, then proceed to dig up the inactivated mines. Maverick tries to teach me how to get them working again, but I never understood that technical talk. I look over and see Marvel staring daggers at him. I stroll over to my boyfriend and wrap my arms around him.

"He's not trying to steal me away from you, and even if he was, I wouldn't let him." He kisses me lightly.

"I know."

When Maverick finishes with the mines, we stack up all of our supplies into a pyramid and bury the explosives around it. We'll see what happens when a tribute tries to take something now.
____________________________________________
A/n - I'm sorry this is so late. I've just been really distracted. Ok, so, yeah.

Byeeeeee        -Baggy