5

A week had passed, she didn't have the courage to bring up the orphanage again.

The day had gone by in a blur, it was only minutes till her dance lesson began. But she had little energy to do anything but that.

Her lessons were scheduled for only once a week. It didn't necessarily seem like the end of the world, but it was for two whole hours!

Sighing, she forcefully pulled herself off the sofa, her feet tapping lightly as she walked towards the ballroom.

The door already hung loosely open.

"You're late." The masked man said.

She hums in response.

"Why the sad face?"

"..."

"You seem rather defeated." She could hear the smirk in his tone.

She looks at him.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"Your dance instructor I believe." He replied with a grin.

"Your name?"

"Now that's an interesting question. But I do recall your dear husband introduced me as Elijah." He said striding towards her.

"My love, I have great news!" Jungkook said barging into the ballroom.

She turned her head to look at Jungkook in confusion.

"You are dismissed for today, you may continue with her lessons next week." Jungkook said, gesturing her instructor to leave.

The masked man bowed, casually striding out of the room.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"There's nothing wrong my dear, I have just received word that the King has asked for my presence at his palace! And he has insisted that you accompany me." He said waving the letter in excitement in front of her face, like a child finally given the toy they had so much wanted.

"Why?"

"I haven't been informed the reason, surely my successes have been recognised in some way or another. Perhaps I may even be awarded a knighthood!" He said, grinning ear to ear.

"I'm happy for you." She said half heartedly.

She still wasn't over it, still wasn't over when he attempted to claim her innocence, yes he was her husband, yes in the eyes of the law he had every right to her body, but each time the event replayed in her mind, it made her shudder.

He pulls her into a hug, resting his chin on her head.

"I'm so happy love."

"When are we going?" She asked.

"Today."

•••*•••*•••*•••

They were actually on the way to the palace! She couldn't believe it. It was quite rare for the King demand an audience with someone, especially on that very day. Could it be true? Had Jungkook committed a deed so good that the King himself had called for him? She found it very difficult to believe, but Jungkook was convinced that it must have been to his so called successes. Logically it didn't add up, he had lost over 60% of his business. That was no where near a success. So what did or who did Jungkook bribe to get such an opportunity? He had said he'd do anything to make up for the business he had lost. Did he somehow win the King's favour?

Only time will tell.

The dress she wore was more uncomfortable than usual, it was far more fancy than what she would usually wear. Then again she was going to meet the King, it was understandable to why the maids had forced her into such torture device. The dress was a lovely pastel blue colour, with fancy white laces decorating her sleeves and the bottom of her skirt. Several pearls and gems where scattered across the material, glinting as they caught the light. But if only they hadn't put on the corset so tight, she felt as if a giant had wrapped it's chubby fingers around her waist, squeezing it so she would go pop like a balloon.