2

"Must I?" She questioned.

It had only been a few days from the wedding celebration. But, Jungkook had been invited to a party by one of his business partners, and he insisted that she must attend with him.

"May I stay home?" She asked.

"As my wife, it is your duty to attend such events with me. This event has a great importance for my business, it would surely have a great impact if we were to attend." Jungkook insisted.

"As you wish." She said, there was little point in trying, as she knew her words had little impact on his decisions.

"That's my girl." Jungkook said, smiling ear to ear.

•••*••••*•••*•••

The ballroom was glorious. Several paintings and tapestries decorated the walls. Large pillars shot up from the floor to the the roof. A grand chandelier flooded the entire room with light. As elegant music had couples dancing in each others embrace.

Several butler's and waitresses walked around with trays of food, wine and champagne.

"Jungkook you made it!" A familiar voice said, as the man hugged Jungkook.

"Hoseok?"

"What a lovely surprise, I thought you would have forgotten me by now." He said, he was dressed in dark blue suite, a matching tie was wrapped perfectly around his neck, he looked at her with a bright smile plastered across his face.

She was confused.

Jungkook chuckled seeing the girls puzzled expression.

"We made amends love, what we fought over was childish, it significantly impacted both my and his business." Jungkook explained.

"May I borrow this lovely lady for a dance?" Hoseok said holding out his hand.

She looked at Jungkook. Surely he could allow her to sit aside, and not make a fool of herself due to her lack dancing skills.

"Go on love, don't be shy." Jungkook insisted with a nod.

Cautiously she placed her hand in Hoseok's. The man grins as he pulls her to the crowd of graceful dancing couples.

•••*•••*•••*•••

Hoseok pulled out a chair for the girl to take a seat.

They had danced for about 20 minutes, before she started to stumble like like a toddler first learning to walk, it was the dreadful heels, it was as if they had a mind of their own, so Hoseok escorted her to the nearest empty table for her to sit down, before she could become any more of a clumsy catastrophe.

Hoseok grabbed two glasses off a butler's tray.

"It's wine." He said passing her one.

She wasn't very fond of alcohol, as a customer at her store would often come in drunk to ask about whether or not his dead wife would come back to him. He'd hardly ever remember what she would tell him, and would often come back another day to ask the same exact question. She herself would prefer to recall what was going on.

"I'd rather not." She said.

Hoseok chuckles.

"Don't worry, it's not poisoned." He said with a smile.

She eyes the drink suspiciously.

"Drink it."

She takes a few sips, it tasted odd at first, but nice at the same time. She ended up gulping the entire glass down.