9

How dare that madman speak to her in such a way! Who did he think he was to try and control her?! He certainly was not her father, and he definitely wasn't her husband.

A whole week had passed, and yet he still hadn't apologised. He was more stubborn than a child throwing a tantrum.

She had never felt more trapped, it was as if she was a bird in a golden cage.

She had tried everything to try and escape, from dressing up as a maid to exit through the servant quarters, to trying to dig a tunnel from the garden to the outside, to god knows what else, but nothing worked, she always got caught, she couldn't even get passed the gate. It was clear that Jungkook had given his servants strict instructions to keep an eye on her.

True she had books she could use to occupy her time, and as glorious as the library was in this mansion, she had to get out. It wouldn't be too long before that psycho who claimed to be her so called husband tried something.

A knock on the door startled her.

"Yes?" She answered, as the door opened to reveal a middle aged woman dressed in a maids uniform.

"I apologise for the intrusion miss, but it's time for your lesson."

"What lesson?"

"Your dancing lesson miss, did Mr Jeon not inform you?"

The girl shook her head.

"I'll help you get ready miss."

•••*•••*•••*•••

The maid had forced her into a fancy dress, it was a deep shade of emerald, frilly lace was wrapped around the skirt, arms and neckline. It was breathtakingly beautiful, but she'd rather wear something more simple.

She didn't want to attend her dance lesson, but the maid wasn't taking no for an answer.

She tried to act as if she had sprained her ankle, but it was as if the middle aged woman had a sixth sense, she didn't even acknowledged the fact she was in pain, she wasn't lying to some extent, as the dreadful heels she was wearing painfully pinched her toes. The maid ignored her silent please as she firmly grabbed her arm, practically dragging her to the ballroom.

This was absurd! She refused to involve herself in such useless nonsense, she'd rather read a book about dancing. But according to the maid, Jungkook had previously arranged these lessons to improve her so called dancing skills.

The lies everyone were feeding her were becoming more and more ridiculous. Why would she need dancing lessons, when the matter could be solved by simply not making her dance in the first place.

She stood leaning her back against the wall, with her arms folded across her chest.

There was no point in trying to go back to her room, that maid was one tough cookie.

A light knock echoed, before a man with what seemed like a festive mask entered. The mask only covered the top half of his feature, so the large grin that was plastered across his face was clearly visible.

"Hello again, it has been sooooo very long since our last encounter."

"Pardon?"

"Ah yes Mr Jeon did mention you had a screw loose, well several by the looks of it." He said laughing.

Was he talking about her so called memory loss?

"Don't worry my dear, I'm sure we'll have your precious memories returned to you soon. That's if you want them returned." He said with a bone chilling smile.