Chapter 40: Deception

Start from the beginning

As for Team Happy, they only took these transfers as entertainment and only cared with the movements done by Excellent Era. So far, Excellent Era gained a master tactician with his Life Extinguisher, but also lost Liu Hao, He Ming, and Guo Yang.

Happy had been busy with their three main tasks this summer: killing BOSSes, drills and trainings, and killing a poor guy named Deception.

Killing BOSSes would never be peaceful, because as the official break period for the teams began, professional players started to pop out in the game, assisting their clubs in killing wild BOSSes. Though, it was expected that there won’t be that many like the old times, the assisting pros were still the deciding factor in the BOSS hunts, especially with the presence of God Ye.

The regular visitors of the Heavenly Domain were Blue Rain’s Lu Hanwen that was always in dispute with Tiny Herb’s Liu Xiaobie, Wind Howl’s Elementalist and last season’s mediocre Best Rookie, Zhao Yuzhe who was so eager to prove his worth, hence, pestering Li Chunhua for her Spring Night, and Zhang Xinjie and Lin Jingyan that were so dedicated to collect materials for Lin Jingyan’s new character.

So far, Ye Xiu’s Alliance was dominating the BOSS hunt during the night and Tyranny amassed half of it during the day.

BOSS hunt was important in developing a team, but if Happy really wanted to compete professionally, drills and trainings were also a must. With the resources and money on their hands, the team’s technical department was quickly established, providing them with software and programs to train their tech skills and mechanics.

Howbeit, the Team’s biggest problem was still the lack of polished players. As of now, the official members of Team Happy were Ye Xiu, Li Chunhua, Wei Chen, Tang Rou, Ye Qiu, Bao Rongxing, Luo Ji, An Wenyi, and the recently transferred, Qiao Yifan. If you would ask their captain, only him, Wei Chen, Li Chunhua, and Ye Qiu were ready to compete professionally. The problem was Ye Qiu could only play as sub due to his other responsibilities.

They were indeed in need of stable player, and that Deception had an eye-catching pro-level stability and life preservation skill, a good piece for arena battle. Howbeit, he was indifferent with their coaxing.

Wei Chen once said that if one couldn’t be persuaded with words, then take him by force. So they started to deal with him by showing their strength through killing. Yes, killing him.

But this one was so weird that he seemed to not know anything about Professional Alliance and couldn’t be coaxed. If it was Tang Rou or Baozi, it was still acceptable, but for an experienced GLORY player like him, it’s either he was playing dumb or was really dumb.

How to deal with this? The wise old man once again advised, if killing him still doesn’t work, then just keep on killing him.

Sure enough, after a series of shameless and remorseless killing, at 3 AM in the morning, Team Happy found an emo guy standing in front of their club. Actually, they really didn’t find him, as no one troubled to welcome him except for the team’s manager, Ms. Chen.

“I’m Chen Guo, the manager of the team,” Chen Guo introduced herself but the guy seemed not interested.

“Ah, currently, everyone is busy and couldn’t meet you. You know, some troubles with the wild BOSS hunt. But if it’s okay with you, please follow me to the training room to see them,” Chen Guo said with full of awkward smile. She sized up the man in front of her but he was still expressionlessly looking at her.

Is he willing or not? Chen Guo shrugged her shoulders. She didn’t have the ability to talk with him, so might as well pass the responsibility to the shameless squad. She knew that she was being incompetent as a manager, but who told them to kill the guy until he was so irritated that he immediately booked a flight to kill Ye Xiu personally?